• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Question about SRRS type racing along with

extremetownie

I have heard rumor that SRRS is considering having some endurance type racing along with the hill climb events. Is there any truth to it? If so i would like to participate. We will be tearing down and starting to prep for next year and this would be a great time to be sure the rig complies to your rules, if this rumor is true.

This rumor is true, but it wont be set up as a series for 2013. We want to have a couple races to see what the turn out will be before we will know if we can run it as a series. As far rules go, it will be as simple as we can make it. Safety will be #1 and tir size will probably be what separates the racers.

5BrothersFabrication said:
And what kinds of classes? I have a Ranger that is set up for B class in ECORS, but I'd never be able to hang with the normal youtube bouncers! :tc

Im sure I catch some crap for it, but Im pretty sure a lot of the bouncers wouldn't do so hot in an endurance race. I can't imagine racing for a couple of hours in an open buggy. When I ran the endurance race at morris mountain a few years ago my floor got so hot I could feel it through my thick sole boots. Can you imagine how hot some of the bouncers would get.

I'm in!

And If you can manage not to break and keep up a good pace you will do well in this kind of racing :driving: don't worry about the other rigs, it's more of a you and your rig vs. the course thing

Cole said:
Im sure I catch some crap for it, but Im pretty sure a lot of the bouncers wouldn't do so hot in an endurance race. I can't imagine racing for a couple of hours in an open buggy. When I ran the endurance race at morris mountain a few years ago my floor got so hot I could feel it through my thick sole boots. Can you imagine how hot some of the bouncers would get.
I will drive yours for you Cole if the wife would let me

Neal3000 said:
I'm in!

And If you can manage not to break and keep up a good pace you will do well in this kind of racing :driving: don't worry about the other rigs, it's more of a you and your rig vs. the course thing

Says the guy who breaks every race... :flipoff1:

Cole said:
You are exactly correct. Cooling is one of the biggest issues in endurance racing.

Neal3000 said:

This... If you overdrive your rig because you are trying to catch or keep up you will not last. You have to run YOUR race at YOUR pace and the rest will take care of itself. Race the course, not the other cars. I have been a victim of it myself.

I know for sure mine will run hot my big ole seats cover the radiator to much when I get into the :drinkers: and start hot lapping trails she gets hot! Have to take the passenger seat out for more airflow!

Mine runs hot riding from hill to hill. It would melt the heads off in an endurance race and they are cast iron! :****:

This is the kind of racing I'm waiting on to get started... ECORS is just way too far to try and keep up with... More local to Memphis would be perfect! I think spectators may not be like they are with the bouncers but who cares when your running for 3 hours with just you and your navigator.. ;)