• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Questions about Master cylinder upgrade

shotmobile

After a little bit of research I found that my Grand Cherokee came with a master cyclinder bore size of 1.0625". Now I looking at replacing it and I have to options.

First one is a master cylinder out of a 2000 Dodge Durango. It has a bore size of 1.125" or 1 and 1/8"

The second one is out of a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500, 2500, 3500. There all the same. It has a bore of 1.25" or 1 and 1/4"

These are the options I leaning to because they have the correct port fittings of 10 and 12 MM.

Now with my set up I have the Factory Ford Dual piston front calibers and the rear disk brake set up on the 14 bolt are Large (2-1/2" Diameter) single pistons calibers. So what I was thinking was going with the Ram master cylinder (1 and 1/4" bore) because of the large calibers. Does anyone see any problems with this?

Thought, Ideas, Suggestions wanted....

1-1/4 should be OK, but depending on your booster, you may have to put some leg pressure into it... I run an 1-1/4 on our CJ with 4-wheel disk and stock booster (Chev truck front, Chev car rear) and it's great.