• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

questions about my upcoming build

turning might be hard when hubs are locked
even when i am off the road? i thought the detroit locker worked as a kind of posi/limited slip. should i get a different locker for the front? maybe an e-locker?
do you already have the 3rds?
no, i havent ordered anything yet. why?

so you just have housings and axles? or complete axles. if they were complete i'd say weld the rear and an aussie in the front, would save quite a bit of money because store bought 3rds are an easy swap later on

yea, i would rather not weld the rear. it really doesnt seem like the thing to do with a DD. plus, i have the money for the thirds now, so why not? and i dont have a front axle yet.

i would try to get a selectable locker for thefront air or electronic which ever u turing radius is reduced when the front is locked it allows a slip in the rear but from what i am getting out of lakewashington tech is that the front with a locker with not unlock itself iguess. Cause u have to be able to have ur inside tire make less revolution then the outside of the tire.

MonsterMazda said:
if you got the money, go arb's f/r
yea, i am now actually thinking of getting an arb locker in front, but i am still going with a detroit in the rear.

anyone know how aussie lockers work?

found a guy to do the labor for $900, which includes fabbing a bumper. says he can get the SAS done in a 3 day weekend.

picking up the axle from brian tomorrow, tires are a week from saturday, then i just gotta order my parts.

for you guys who are running dual batteries, where did you mount your second battery?