• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

questions about the couplers?

well im looking to put a winch on the back of my chevy but still be able to use my tail gate and someone told me to use a coupler. im just wondering how it would work best?

still not sure what you mean but I'm going to guess they meant something along these lines

mount the winch on this and then it slides into your hitch reciever.

PS10M%20Winch%20monted%20on%20Receiver%20Hitch%20Mount.gif

ok that makes allot more since, thanks man. they were just not making any since when they were trying to explain it.

I have one. It sounds like a good idea untill you need the winch and you have to lift it into place. I'm not a small guy and it's still a pain to retreive a winch from behind your seat. You can't leave them on because they stick way out there. Where to store it was an issue as well. I felt like mine was good in theroy but bad in practice.

My rear winch is set up that way on the toy. I also have my ford wired for that I can pull it off the toy and use it on the ford

I have one. It sounds like a good idea untill you need the winch and you have to lift it into place. I'm not a small guy and it's still a pain to retreive a winch from behind your seat. You can't leave them on because they stick way out there. Where to store it was an issue as well. I felt like mine was good in theroy but bad in practice.

X2 Its a great Idea for a seldom use kind of thing but not a great idea for a wheeling rig. Also make dang sure your hitch can take it. Hitches are designed to pull straight back. Puting a real sideload on one could easily tweak some of the bolt on style hitches:booo: