• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Quick Propane question

JEEParon

My dad has been itching to get a wheeler, and we are gonna look at a fairly built yj with a 4.2 thats propane powered. Will there be any hassle trying to get emmissions? This thing will be on the road quite often and needs to be all legal.

depends on where you live. if you live in and area not emissions tested then dont worry bout it. you should just get a stock jeep and build it your selves.

no i definately need emissions here in oregon. We dont have a shop so thats why were getting a pre built rig so we can just go have some fun.

I don't know the laws in Oregon, and my rig is too old for emissions, but If they want to be jerks I have been hassled about stupid things like where my tank is mounted, and illegal steel fittings. One clown said it is illigal in this state to have the tank mounted behind the seats, and said it had to be under the jeep. He wouldn't even fill the tank. Most people, are cool though. Some people will give you the discount becouse it runs on propane, others don't becouse the paper work is a hassle.

Latest posts