• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Race Mirrors

John Galbreath Jr.

38 Special & Solo Buggy
I have tried several mirrors now on Solo Buggy and really have not liked anything yet. The ones I have now are from Joe's Racing.

11212_mirror.jpg

http://www.joesracing.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=723

I used two of these and swapped the mirrors to a larger convex rectangular mirror. I can see okay at best. And They are mounted inside the cockpit, so I often hit them with my helmet when getting in.

InDaShop posted on FaceBook about this guy shortly after KOH. Then I went and found his mirrors on Pirate.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/1947706-racemirror.html

I liked the idea that they were outboard mount, but would move and spring back when hit. After talking to him, I ordered two, one convex and one standard.

The quality is great from a guy working out of a small shop. I really think I am going to like these.

InDaShops:

1647930d1423718688-racemirror-1781758_10153055586009190_4148894666042122081_o.jpg

1647938d1423718688-racemirror-10929138_728779440568792_6925083896415663404_n.jpg

But, this photo from KOH pushed me into the order. Looks like they can take a beating:

1649370d1423798376-racemirror-dsc_0133.jpg

Just got them mounted and can't wait to try them out at GrayRock.

Looks good john. do you like the convex or standard mirrors better. Ive been wanting to order a set but haven't decided which ones i wanted to order.

zayne2427 said:
Looks good john. do you like the convex or standard mirrors better. Ive been wanting to order a set but haven't decided which ones i wanted to order.

Too cold to take it for a spin. I'll decide at Greyrock. Mirror insert is easily swapped and supposed to be available locally. In the barn, I like the convex, but I am less then 10' from the wall. He suggested one of each. I like that I can see the front of the rear tire in the convex. That is good for tire placement with rear steer.

He stated on Pirate, that once these are gone, he will not be making more personally.

JR;30285850 said:
No plans to make any more hand made mirrors.

JR;30299090 said:
Mass produce as in made in China - I don't know. There's a lot of up-front cost involved. They wouldn't look anything like these and they wouldn't be made of chromoly/stainless steel. They wouldn't be hand made by an US citizen in his garage.
Any 2.0 version would be manufactured around the bottom line, which is cost.
Around 40 of these mirrors have been sold so far. I have yet to recoup the material cost. I'm not complaining though as this is all a lesson on how to go from a product idea to mailing the finished product. Gaining the experience of doing every step was important.

BTW, the 6" mirrors are sold out. :D

1tfrot said:
almost ordered those and still might (if theres any left). I followed his thread on pirate fairly often. was thinking about these as well https://liquidironindustries.com/Mirror-Bracket-Package.html for a fraction of the price.

not sure yet

A little less, but did not want hose clamps. Could not weld on due to powercoat. So, the RaceMirror mounts made for a good solution.

I got to meet Jr at koh and check these mirrors out in person, nice guy and very well built product.

Re:

I seen a set on on a buggy in Crawl that welded on and would spring back but I've never been able to find them. I'll have to search for the magazine, take a picture and post here and see if anybody knows anything about them.

I've been wanting a mirror for awhile now. Its impossible to look back harnessed in and some random guy yelling "cmon back you got it" doesn't sit well with me sometimes. Let me know how much you like these.

hokie_yj said:
I think I'm going to order a set of these. I have some of the ones that just go on with hose clamps, but these are really really nice.

Yes, the quality and fit is amazing. Told me to put teflon tape under the brackets, so it could move if if needed. The mirror will deflect 75 degrees in any direction on impact. Guys at KOH were talking how clear they were at 100 MPH. Mine hopefully will never see that cause it means I have a run away trailer or driven off a cliff.

1tfrot said:
almost ordered those and still might (if theres any left). I followed his thread on pirate fairly often. was thinking about these as well https://liquidironindustries.com/Mirror-Bracket-Package.html for a fraction of the price.

not sure yet

I ran Tim's mirrors on my YJ and they are nice. I went with a set from Billy Bob (Hellfire Fabworks) on pirate for my Zuk. Way cheaper than anyone, and work the same. They are just a touch smaller tubing than the LII ones are. $58 for a pair plus $13 to ship. He also has nice storage bags, and many other nifty buggy items.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/miscellaneous/1101072-side-mirrors-buggies-utvs-ultra-4-cars-exos.html

sleepsontoilet said:
I ran Tim's mirrors on my YJ and they are nice. I went with a set from Billy Bob (Hellfire Fabworks) on pirate for my Zuk. Way cheaper than anyone, and work the same. They are just a touch smaller tubing than the LII ones are. $58 for a pair plus $13 to ship. He also has nice storage bags, and many other nifty buggy items.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/miscellaneous/1101072-side-mirrors-buggies-utvs-ultra-4-cars-exos.html

i had/ have a set of these. One got killed at my first race and i never replaced it. they are cheap for a reason.

JR's are very nice and I like the clamp on mounts he came up with so they can rotate if needed from an impact or roll. If i had the need, i would definitely order his. From the sounds of it, there will be more made, just not "hand" made.

JohnG said:
Yes, the quality and fit is amazing. Told me to put teflon tape under the brackets, so it could move if if needed. The mirror will deflect 75 degrees in any direction on impact. Guys at KOH were talking how clear they were at 100 MPH. Mine hopefully will never see that cause it means I have a run away trailer or driven off a cliff.

Well, I ended up ordering a set. Sent him a PM on Pirate and he responded quickly. I needed the cinch bolt clamp for 1.5" tube, but he didn't have them on hand. He went out of his way to make a set just for me and still got them shipped out today. Pretty awesome if you ask me. :dblthumb: