• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Racing or souped up lawn mowers

al1tonyota

I've got an old Yard Machines lawn tractor with a 20hp Briggs engine that I've done a few modifications to just for fun and a little thrill! a little back story it ran but the deck and front end was shot! so I removed everything to do with the deck, welded the front axle solid (this fixed the steering) To get a little more power out of it I bypassed the governor and direct connected the throttle to the carb! Another great modification was the exhaust it turned down and went into a muffler that was rusted out and way to heavy, so I cut the pipes about an inch from the head and turned the pipes strait out the side!

Basically was just wondering if anyone else had built or had a death trap like this? I plan to do a few more things to it like changing some pulleys and putting a foot operated gas pedal so you can keep both hands on the wheel!

Link to a little video from yesterday (not the best quality but you kinda get the idea)

http://youtu.be/g1G11sCVnH4

Twin Kohler 7's on a stretched fantic bronco II frame. Linked with dual sprocket centrifugal clutches. Dual digital tachs. The front "tank" was the original fuel tank for the bike but was unusable so I cut and hinged it for storage. Also houses a master kill. Some kinda Harley bitch seat. Rollin on genuine Pirelli's thumb.gif.
Got a smaller sprocket on the way to hopefully make it a 2 speed. Gonna fab up a heavy duty derailer.
Tossing around the idea of hardchaining the motors together 180° apart and using a manual clutch. Wide open she sounds damn close to a harley.

al1tonyota said:
Basically was just wondering if anyone else had built or had a death trap like this?

****, I never had a go-cart growing up, but had tons of yardsale mowers. One I actually raced as a teen, had a cage and a sprint car wing. Also, I put an XR80 Honad motor on a yerf dog kart, but couldn't get it to run. Fordcontraption on here is supposed to be making that happen. :flipoff1:

5BrothersFabrication said:
****, I never had a go-cart growing up, but had tons of yardsale mowers. One I actually raced as a teen, had a cage and a sprint car wing. Also, I put an XR80 Honad motor on a yerf dog kart, but couldn't get it to run. Fordcontraption on here is supposed to be making that happen. :flipoff1:
I figured there would be other folks on here that did stuff like this! A welder and extra time can do a lot! Only thing I may have to spend money on is a battery and new belts.

My brother and I took a chinese atv 110 engine and put on a yerf dog 6.5hp gocart frame. That thing would fly and revv like crazy. Out run my sons 150cc carter mini buggy to bad to even mention. My son still takes it hard. Haha

Needed a smaller pulley for the rearend! Didn't need all that weight on the crank pulley so cut it off cut the center out of the old rear pulley whalla high gear! come awn!
2737efb3a9af9607326821b5eaac4343.jpg
ea1ea43f522aba0c299101e54f5d6349.jpg

I used to play with lawnmowers a lot. Racing mowers, pullin mowers built a 6x4 mower. But I started one and never finishes I wished I had. I called it Mowzilla. I had a set of hubs made to fit car wheels.
c1225b1604ce39dbf79d366af8ee858f.jpg
be1c070caf37d974aa8045c74654aea8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk