• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Radiator?

nighthunter

This morning i was driving to work and all of a sudden i saw lots of steam rolling from under my hood and the only spot where it looked like fluids where coming from was the cap cuz no where else is leaking or has as much fluid around it! Do you guys think the cap is bad? or maybe the T stat? Anyhelp on this would be great thanks :) im going to start by changing the fluids and geting a new cap i think unless you guys think different!

O btw the Temp gauge never moved it all it was normall the entire time during the ocurrance of all this happening... And not sure if any of this is related at all. But i sucked some water into my intake by going through to deep of a water hole and it took about a hour befor it all blew out but ran fine every since untill today and that was saterday!
Thanks again :D

If it blew because it got to hot I would check the temp sensor too... I am too noob to know what causes too much pressure in the system, but that is another reason for the cap to blow.. Do you have a catch can/overflow at all?

O btw the Temp gauge never moved it all it was normall the entire time during the ocurrance of all this happening... And not sure if any of this is related at all. But i sucked some water into my intake by going through to deep of a water hole and it took about a hour befor it all blew out but ran fine every since untill today and that was saterday!
Thanks again :D

It may be possible that by sucking water thru the intake, you could've caused damage to the head gasket; when the motor ingested water, it may have distorted the head gasket when a piston came up on its compression stroke while said water was still in the cylinder; with a couple days runnin it, the HG may be starting to leak combustion into the cooling system---wouldn't be the first time I've heard of it....try the cap, & stat first, can't hurt!!! Good Luck...:awesomework:

tstat and cap are always a easy fix.. Make sure to use a toyota t-stat however.. if you do the tstat pull it first and bolt the housing back down and run it. this is just to check flow while your already there.. if it flows good then your radiator and water pump are good.. Mine as well do this while your there.. was the cap on correct as well? Sounds like a easy fix but you never know at the same time..

This morning i was driving to work and all of a sudden i saw lots of steam rolling from under my hood and the only spot where it looked like fluids where coming from was the cap cuz no where else is leaking or has as much fluid around it! Do you guys think the cap is bad? or maybe the T stat? Anyhelp on this would be great thanks :) im going to start by changing the fluids and geting a new cap i think unless you guys think different!

If you have a catch can (resivor) (sp) and yet there was water around the cap then unless your just getting excessive preasure then the cap gasket is done. Other wise and overflow should be going to the tank.

how did you expell the water once you sucked it?
and yes it could be the cap

I just turned the truck on with the air filter out cuz it was soaked. And ran it for about 30 mins and kept reving the motor cuz it wanted to die asoon as it started to idle then after a bit it idled just fine! and has ran fine until this morning ... whats the best way to get water out when you suck it?

If you have a catch can (resivor) (sp) and yet there was water around the cap then unless your just getting excessive preasure then the cap gasket is done. Other wise and overflow should be going to the tank.

I replaced the cap and put new fluids in it today i think the cap was bad cuz the gasket didnt look too good at all its been runnin fine all day drove it probally a total of 30 miles and when i turned the heater on i could smell coolant for about ten mins but after that it seemed to be running fine i think i will try changin the "T" stat aswell just in case.

also im not sure if this is stock or not but the side of the intake box there is a hole drilled in the side of it i would say about 2 to 2 in a quarter in diameter not sure but is there somthing i should put infront of it when i wheel so water cant splash up and get sucked in? or just leave?

also im not sure if this is stock or not but the side of the intake box there is a hole drilled in the side of it i would say about 2 to 2 in a quarter in diameter not sure but is there somthing i should put infront of it when i wheel so water cant splash up and get sucked in? or just leave?

Leave the hole in the airbox and stay out of deep water:awesomework:

I just turned the truck on with the air filter out cuz it was soaked. And ran it for about 30 mins and kept reving the motor cuz it wanted to die asoon as it started to idle then after a bit it idled just fine! and has ran fine until this morning ... whats the best way to get water out when you suck it?

pull the spark plugs and crank the engine until you get all of the water out of the cylinders. Your lucky you didnt bend a con rod or hydro lock your motor.

I know im pretty lucky i didnt the truck seems to be running fine now i think its time for a snorkel lol anyone have one for sale? As far as a t stat what brand do you all recommend?

I just had to redo the head on my sammy because it was building up pressure in the cooling system and when the thermostat popped open it would blow all of my coolant out of the radiator. Turned out my head gasket had failed enough to allow pressure from the combustion chambers into the coolant system but it did not allow coolant into the cylinders or oil. My temp gauge also never changed either when doing this.
BTW the machine shop also found a slight twist in the head when I took it in to be pressure tested, they think that it was do the the coolant blowing out.

ouch that really sucks i just built a detachable snorkel looks decent for now till i can rob more parts off my work truck and make it look legit lol

Latest posts