• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ram Fuel Mileage issue

That stinks man, you might want to try it for a month or so before you give upon it too. It could be the air flow too, you could get a better air filter or change it over to a high flow air intake.
How much HP boost are you running on your tuner? I've always been told that you should not run more the a 75hp boost on stock injectors, and that it will dump more fuel then it can burn and it ends up dropping the mpg.

Stuntman Autoworks said:
I tried the white bottle on this last trip I took to Windrock and it didn't make a single bit of difference. Pulling my 30 ft trailer with 2 rigs on it I averaged 8.3 there and back to Central NC.

BIG_Country said:
That stinks man, you might want to try it for a month or so before you give upon it too. It could be the air flow too, you could get a better air filter or change it over to a high flow air intake.
How much HP boost are you running on your tuner? I've always been told that you should not run more the a 75hp boost on stock injectors, and that it will dump more fuel then it can burn and it ends up dropping the mpg.

I already have a nice AFE air filter assembly and I just run it on the 50hp tow tune. I have talked to several other people local and it seems that my mileage is pretty normal.

I think there are just some of the trucks that don't get good fuel mileage.

I've got an 02 6spd & it's never gotten better than 15mpg empty with stock tires, 285s, or 35s. Doesn't really matter if my tuner is set to stock or 50hp tune. It's straight pipe with AFE intake.

I have been considering swapping to another intake and putting bigger downpipe to see if that helps any.

Hijack....my 17 powerstroke went from 15.5 new to 11.8 after 62k miles. Stoped by a diesel shop and had them do a manual regen, even though the computer says mine was reneging every 500miles, went back to 15.7. Everything's got to go!!

halcat said:
Hijack....my 17 powerstroke went from 15.5 new to 11.8 after 62k miles. Stoped by a diesel shop and had them do a manual regen, even though the computer says mine was reneging every 500miles, went back to 15.7. Everything's got to go!!

I appreciate it but the 5.9 cummins didn't come with EGR, dpf or def on it.

I have sent a data file to anarchy and they went through the numbers and found that my rail pressure was 1200 psi under desired. So I'm checking on that now. I need to get a good lift pump on it anyway so that will be my first step.