• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ravensdale wheeling

mudslayer

So it's been a long time since I've been out there and was curious as to what's happening out there. So I took a drive and looks like people are still going in there, I used to enter across from the silica/gravel pit on blk diamond/ravensdale rd. Kept driving up to the sub station and that looks like maybe guys are entering there but looks well fenced, Went even further to where retreat/kanaskat rd ends. Just before the stop sign is 2 trail heads that take off into the hills. Took a little walk and looks like it gets alot of use. Anyone go up in there?? Or anywhere around there. Can you still ride/drive up to the PowerLine lookout? Saw some pics that looked pretty recent. :beer:

Mostly tweakers, and stolen rigs. Don't get caught in there, or leave a broken rig. The 2 entrances you saw on retreat kanaskat take you along the old railbed, it's a dead end, and the neighbors will call you in if they see you.

Theres a development going in where the old gravel pit under the power lines was, that area is just gone.

For full disclosure, there is no legit wheeling anywhere in the locale, IMHO it's better explored on a dual sport. Not that I would condone that either.

I lived there from 74 thru 2007. Had a blast in the past. All has changed for the area now. The past memories are all thats left of the area.

I lived there from 74 thru 2007. Had a blast in the past. All has changed for the area now. The past memories are all thats left of the area.

Definitely! Had some of best offroad experiences up there. Not challenging wise, but fun and lots of good times. We would close down the draft choice and then ride some back trails to the entrance on the railroad tracks across from the gravel pit. Then ride all night till sun up(Young/stupid ) Saw the biggest elk of my life up there. Me and a buddy came around a corner to this 6 point standing there staring at us. Watched and followed him for 15 min. Wasn't scared of us at all, Unbelievable rack went to its ass!! Saw some weird ass **** out there on the night runs too.

Last edited:
Definitely! Had some of best offroad experiences up there. Not challenging wise, but fun and lots of good times. We would close down the draft choice and then ride some back trails to the entrance on the railroad tracks across from the gravel pit. Then ride all night till sun up(Young/stupid ) Saw the biggest elk of my life up there. Me and a buddy came around a corner to this 6 point standing there staring at us. Watched and followed him for 15 min. Wasn't scared of us at all, Unbelievable rack went to its ass!! Saw some weird ass **** out there on the night runs too.

State Record for Non-traditional Branched Antler Elk came from Ravensdale a good number of years ago. Taken by a bow below McDonalds Peak. I don't know it the record has been bested yet.

I remember as a young child (1980-ish) my dad would take me out in his old Bronco, near the Landsburg mine. I remember there being a marker out there for miners who died in a collapse. Always wondered if it's accessible at all or even still there.

I remember as a young child (1980-ish) my dad would take me out in his old Bronco, near the Landsburg mine. I remember there being a marker out there for miners who died in a collapse. Always wondered if it's accessible at all or even still there.

The Memorial is still there.