13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg

I won the unofficial scavneger hunt for @zukimaster upper link bar that had exited the premises at the beginning of the trail before the whole thing broke at the top of that climb. But he made it to the top so that's all that matters.
IMG_1763.jpg
IMG_1785.jpg
IMG_1803.jpg
IMG_1804.jpg
IMG_1806.jpg
IMG_1807.jpg

Quick trip report:

Thursday the wife's family moved Thanksgiving up to lunch time so we got to head down to Hawk Pride at 4pm instead of 4am Friday morning :dblthumb:. Rolled in right at 7pm so got camp setup and ate/hung out with all the folks from all over (Tennessee, Kentucky, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Louisiana, etc).

Friday went out for some trails with @Bebop @WildDog @rafter b2000 @ljholmann @cushmaneaglerider @leeadam94 @Mattman347 @zukimaster & @CHASMAN9 We ended up riding all over and covering around 7 miles in 6 hours of drive-time (first screenshot of the CartoTracks map shows most of our route) but we were out from 1030-530 including some carnage for @Bebop and @zukimaster Left the woods just in time for a massive thunderstorm that stayed around for a couple of hours so we all got drenched. After a couple of hours drying out we were able to fix supper and hang out for a couple of hours.

Saturday morning was spent with some rig checkups and watched some beatdowns on the race hills by the Tanners and whoever else wanted to hit some hills. Went out trail riding again and covered 3 miles in a little over an hour of drive-time before @ljholmann had some steering issues. Headed back to camp for lunch & to watch @Mattman347 swap a spare doubler into the Explorer so Abigail could drive some more.

Went back out Saturday evening from 3 to 530 and hit more trails. Covered a little over 3 miles in a little over 2 hours of drive-time (second screenshot of CartoTracks map shows most of the route for Saturday). I may or may not have gotten a little bit of front end air time in the juggy on the last climb, but don't have any pictures of that just yet. Got back to camp and hung out @GIZMO1 and the Cajun's camp and had some delicious supper and awesome hang out/story time.

Everyone loaded up and headed home Sunday morning before the rain rolled in. So we ended up covering at least 27-30 miles in 10ish hours of drive-time on the trails. Overall Hawk Pride was absolutely packed to the gills with folks due to the rain on Friday night. The trails were not too bad in terms of traffic jams minus the main roads going through the parking areas, but that is to be expected.

Many thanks to @WildDog @rafter b2000 @GIZMO1 and the Cajuns for all the food. Thanks to @cushmaneaglerider for being the trail leader on Friday and thanks to @Speeding for putting on a non-event like this that brings so many people together from various parts of the country/world, various backgrounds, various off-road vehicles, and various personalities.

EDIT: Guess that wasn't a very short trip report. Headline news version: Great trip with great friends/family. 10 out of 10 stars.

Thanks for posting up pictures Patrick. You certainly did win the scavenger hunt for Chad's Missing link in the woods. lol What I felt was a great milestone was to see Lori Holman in the seat holding her own on the trail along with Amanda Brandenburg right behind her. We all had a great time trail riding and cannot wait to get back with them. I really appreciate Ricky B getting older so we can do this again next year. lol

Had a giant blast. RBD is a yearly milestone I wouldn't miss for anything in the world.
Soooo good to see everyone again !

Buggy did good minus some self inflicted issues that got trail fixed quickly. Massive thanks to everyone that helped.

And massive thanks to Ricky for putting this together. Always a good time !

Had a giant blast. RBD is a yearly milestone I wouldn't miss for anything in the world.
Soooo good to see everyone again !

Buggy did good minus some self inflicted issues that got trail fixed quickly. Massive thanks to everyone that helped.

And massive thanks to Ricky for putting this together. Always a good time !
Frenchy, your buggy works.............

When you have all 4 tires and wheels on it.............................:flipoff1::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO1::ROFLMAO:

Frenchy, your buggy works.............

When you have all 4 tires and wheels on it.............................:flipoff1::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO1::ROFLMAO:

It works so well I had to add a handicap so you could keep up :JRich:

Edit : Seriously, exiting the right ledge with the noze up was the highlight of the trip for me. Car felt good and planted and I ****ing loved it.

Last edited:
It works so well I had to add a handicap so you could keep up :JRich:

Edit : Seriously, exiting the right ledge with the noze up was the highlight of the trip for me. Car felt good and planted and I ****ing loved it.
In all seriousness, your buggy DOES WORK........................... Great job, now we just need Poppy and Rev limiter Rita to stay up

Ricky, have you been to HPO in recent days and can vouch for the big hill going down to all the main roads? Seriously considering driving my stock half ton over and at least booze cruising main trails and camp ground partying the Saturday of that weekend. Someone in my other thread stated the big hill down is pretty rough now. Is that the case?
Did you end up coming to RBD? There was plenty of wheeling to do in the parking areas for some big ole' mud tars. :****:

Latest posts