• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rc drivelines

darius

Shorter than LRZ
I've alway's been a clod guy, but I aquired some tlt part's quite a while ago, I messed with it some to get it together, and the other night I did some couch and backyard crawling and I can't keep a driveline in it. It's got a plastic driveline with the needle bearing type u joints, It'll spit out the "u joint" a few times then tear the yoke ear's on the driveline.... What are your guy's fixes or upgrade part's? I've got some cobbled together driveline it came with in the rear that is all steel (look's like a modded rear axle shaft from my 2wd nitro truck).

I have traxxas tmaxx shafts in all my cars. about to put a set in an axial, too.

do your tlt axles have a set screw or a pin all the way through?
I have only been able to kill the traxxas shafts in my txt with two 60 turn integys. and in the txt they are almost too short. so every now and then, they get pretty twisted due to lack of spline engagament, then its a matter of time. but I keep one spare set in my toolbox, its good for any of the five buggies here.:beer:

i'm using tmaxx shafts. I drill the pinion gear so I can run a screw all the way through the yoke rather then the two set-screws.

Also I buy metal yokes.

i'm using tmaxx shafts. I drill the pinion gear so I can run a screw all the way through the yoke rather then the two set-screws.

Also I buy metal yokes.

You aren't using maxx shafts, you have Stampede shafts, same as what I am running, maxx shafts are twice the size.

oops. You are right, after I posted I went and checked my crawler box and noticed that, just forgot to come back and fix my post.