• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RC for Kids

Rubigoddess

Ok guys,

I have a bit of a dillemma. My son fell in love with the Nylint Rock Crawler while he had the opportunity to use it. Now, circumstances warrant that this crawler will no longer be his. Before I go buy him one, is there a better one out there that I should lok at?

Let me know.

How old is your son? If he's old enough, I would recommend starting with a TLT kit that he can build himself with some adult assistance. I built my first entry level kit when I was 12 years old, and now, 21 years later (damn I'm getting old! :wtf: ) I still love RC, probably the building more than the driving.

If he's not ready for that, the Nylint is probably the best option out there for a crawler. They aren't my thing, but they have a good following, and can be modded later to increase their ability on the rocks.

One advantage of a Tamiya kit is that every part is replaceable when something breaks (and it will). I know some Nylint parts can be replaced, but I really don't know how readily availale they are.

The flip side is that the initial investment for a Nylint is WAY less. They can even be found pretty cheap used. This makes for a great entry into crawling.

Rubigoddess said:
Ok guys,

I have a bit of a dillemma. My son fell in love with the Nylint Rock Crawler while he had the opportunity to use it. Now, circumstances warrant that this crawler will no longer be his. Before I go buy him one, is there a better one out there that I should lok at?

Let me know.

No, the Nylint is just right for kids.

Thanks guys! last night I called all the Wally worlds around to see if any of them had any ............... NOPE!

I think I can still order them online though.

My son is 8. He's just now getting into the building of models and stuff. I think for now, one that we dont have to spend a lot of time building and modifying would be best for him. Maybe later (after I learn too, because i have NO idea what the hell to do) we can tackle that and learn it together.

Again, thanks!

you have to go to the wally worlds, those dip shits don't know what they have.

I was told know no once and went and checked anyways awhile back, they had six 4th gen Jeeps there.

Latest posts