• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RC4WD.com's side mount steering prob.

Knok2222

I just got my order from RC4WD and have been beeting my brain on this gearbox mount steering kit. Maybe some of you have seen or heard about this kit from RC4wd.com. Well it comes with a small instruction sheet with VERY vague instruction, but there is a picture of how it should look installed. I just couldnt see how it was going to work at all, so i started looking closely at the picture and I found that the servo brackets are a mirrored version of whats in the picture and wont work at all the way they show it mounted. Has anyone else here baught this kit or installed it? Im wondering if there is somthing im not seeing? or maybe I just got a bad batch from the machine shop? anyways maybe you guys can help.

this is the pic on instruction sheet:
Picture018.jpg

here you can see the mount they sent:
Picture020.jpg

And look at this, the beveled edges indicate that side out, but that wont work at all. almost like the bends just went the wrong way.
Picture021.jpg

AND! if you go to there website and look at the two pics of the kit you can plainly see that the mount on the mock axle and the one below it are tottaly differant! HOW DID THEY MESS THAT UP! am I the first person to get this kit? needless to say im steam'n over this. Was saposed to be crawl'n tomarrow and now I have no servo mounts!!!!! AHHHHH:mad: :mad: :flipoff:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're right in that it looks like it won't work. What you got also seems to match the "what's included" pic. I would contact them directly, and see about a refund.

Personally I would recommend the TTR Aggressor BTA steering, if you are gonna be spending $50 anyways. For the rear axle, you can just build some links, and put some $2 servo mounts on the axle support tube.

they have great cust service.. he didnt ask any Q's. Just sent me an email saying he shipped a replacement. Which sets me back a few days, but stuff like that happens. no biggy.

Hey if you are coming to the comp tomorrow, and want to do something to run while you are waiting, you can pick up some servo mounts for a couple bucks, and mount it like this until the replacement shows up.

axlemount1lq9.jpg

axlemount2fe9.jpg

Todd1803 said:
Hey if you are coming to the comp tomorrow, and want to do something to run while you are waiting, you can pick up some servo mounts for a couple bucks, and mount it like this until the replacement shows up.

axlemount1lq9.jpg

axlemount2fe9.jpg

He already has that one. It was the ears on the servo that broke .

Latest posts