• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RE-ntal

So like all projects this one got to a certian point and then we realized it would be easier/cleaner to take it a bit farther sooo...

After tearing it down to where I could start the boatsides we realized that we only had 4 feet of frame left and it looked like ****

100_0819.jpg

So we threw the rest of the frame away :D

She's a floater, all levled out.

100_0822.jpg

100_0830.jpg

Time to start choping up a new frame.

100_0823.jpg

I had just enuf 2x3x.120 tube around to make a new frame that ends just behind where the seats will go and just in front of the motor mounts.

All the pieces on the initial floor layout.

100_0825.jpg

And the rails all tacked together. The front will continue in round tube as will the rear. There is also a good reason there is the kink in the front that will become evident later.

100_0827.jpg

Did you weld up that frame ? looking good .me and wes got way to fawking drunk last night never made it to the ceg and cue .:beer:

The most dificult part of this project is finding the f'n time to work on it :rolleyes: but I got in a whoping 2 hours today.

Finished the frame on Friday and put it under the truck, tied the middle of the boatsides in..still figuring what to do where the cage was cut off..added a bit of tube today and Jason cut a few tubes off that needed to be moved due to the frame changing. Anyway, promised pics momentarily

The new frame goes up a bit higher in the front, is a bit narower and dosn't drop back down in the front like a factory frame. It's tight, but that's what I wanted.

100_0831.jpg

Winch set roughly in place to see about clearance for the front tubes, a little cramped

100_0832.jpg

This is about where the front axle will go, but the truck will sit 8" lower than it is right now.

100_0834.jpg

Boatsides. The back tube angling to the frame went to the original frame and has been cut off.

100_0833.jpg

And the doorbars with wing window mockup tube.

100_0835.jpg

I hope to have all the front tube, the other side and the boatside tubes finished this week. :awesomework:

Last edited:
I was going to say something about the height of the cab tube, but then I recall bouncing my head of War-Jeepers rig's tube during the work party....

Head space is important! That, or put your seats lower...

I was going to say something about the height of the cab tube, but then I recall bouncing my head of War-Jeepers rig's tube during the work party....

that part of the cage is the old exo he has alot of move. looking good need me to come over and drink our beer?:cool:

The new frame goes up a bit higher in the front, is a bit narower and dosn't drop back down in the front like a factory frame. It's tight, but that's what I wanted.

100_0831.jpg

Winch set roughly in place to see about clearance for the front tubes, a little cramped

100_0832.jpg

This is about where the front axle will go, but the truck will sit 8" lower than it is right now.

100_0834.jpg

Boatsides. The back tube angling to the frame went to the original frame and has been cut off.

100_0833.jpg

And the doorbars with wing window mockup tube.

100_0835.jpg

I hope to have all the front tube, the other side and the boatside tubes finished this week. :awesomework:

I saw this yesterday ....its coming along good. The only thing i saw that i would change is how wide the cage is in the rear but i guess it had to be to cover the cab.

I saw this yesterday ....its coming along good. The only thing i saw that i would change is how wide the cage is in the rear but i guess it had to be to cover the cab.

you meet lumpy ?:haha: Jason :cool: the only thing I didn't like my racecar still waiting for tube work:booo:

that part of the cage is the old exo he has alot of move. looking good need me to come over and drink our beer?:cool:

Yup, it's the old exo. I was seriously cramped in the cab before and now I have headroom:D

The width in the rear is the part that I hate, but this is a revamp of a existing vehicle with a very short time limit, my ideal buggy will come someday:rolleyes:

hey ethan let me know if you get time to shorten my rear d-line and weld up my new slip. ill drop it by then do it when its convenient. wish i would have done the springs bout a month ago.:mad: nice progress on the build too. cant wait to see some updated pics.:awesomework: