• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

re rebuild of our 83 toyota truck. buggy in progress

Re: re rebuild of our 83 toyota truck

i got the de ram stuff all tacked up and ready to take off stand
bolt up tires and get started bending some tubing.
DSC06413.jpg

DSC06412.jpg

DSC064142.jpg

machen4x4 said:
you got that right hellfire fab, makes the 2nd set i have bought from billy, my old red truggy, jds truck has them too.
got a question for you guys, i am trying to keep this buggy low as possible, look at the pics of the de ram with the tie rods below the
high steer plates. i am doing this so we dont have to locate the ram in front of the oil pan. is there a problem doing this or is this fine.
if i move them up top the ram gets higher by 2 inches or so.

It should work fine below. Pretty sure thats why billy made the the arms like with the adjustable bolt sleeves.

I may look into a set of those knuckles when I get ready to use a fj80 front, unless I make the link system work with the stock style steering.

I'm so jealous :eek: :eat: i wish i could work on just one at a time :eat: :eat: :eat: ive been thincking of tubing my yota its just hard to sell aneything thes days . haveing to build a chassie for the wifes jeep just to get it sold so if i cant get 10,000out of it! they would only want to give 1,500 an a wreaked honda for a yota

This is gonna turn out sweet, got my rig right beside his axles . Already feel like his axles look better than my entire rig.

bj, you aint right, wait until you get the dana 60's under your rig
gonna be pretty cool, cant wait to see it when its done.
hopefully next weekend we will have a start on the chassis.

machen4x4 said:
bamatoy and myself got the tube main frame started,
slow go for this old man but we will get there.
DSC06419.jpg

Certainly looks like some fun times sitting on that table.

:woot: Red beadlock rings ftw ;D

This is gonna be a sweet ride! Ready to see it out on the trails Jamie! :dblthumb:

Jamie built it, he may have some good pics of it. These are the only ones I have that you can tell anything about the 4 link setup. I started a thread about it leaning really bad, trying to get someone's input on the best way to go about fixing it. Some said the 4 link geometry is off, but I don't believe that's the main factor. I took the spare out of the bed (39" Krawler on steel wheel) and it's is noticably different on the trails now. Still leans, but with just unloading about 150+ lbs of top weight out of the bed, I believe a set of coilovers with the right spring weights will solve it.

LastFallForAll106.jpg

LastFallForAll105.jpg

Resampled_2012-11-03_16-11-17_546.jpg

Resampled_2012-12-15_13-43-45_260.jpg

Resampled_2012-11-25_11-47-44_545.jpg

i dont think i have any better pics than that, but i have to correct you on one thing
when i bought the truck the 4 link was all ready done. if it was mine josh i think i would put
limit straps on both sides to keep it from flexing as much $50.00 fix

machen4x4 said:
i dont think i have any better pics than that, but i have to correct you on one thing
when i bought the truck the 4 link was all ready done. if it was mine josh i think i would put
limit straps on both sides to keep it from flexing as much $50.00 fix

Oh ok, I couldn't remember if you rebuilt the 4 link setup or what molaugh

Looks good Jamie.

On the rear suspension. The 4 link setup looks okay to me. I would say the air shocks need to be tuned better. I am not a fan of air shocks at all so I don't know where to tell you to start. One of the old comp rigs I used to help out with ran air shocks and it used to unload in ways you wouldn't expect. He put an antirock on it and it seemed to help. I would try a sway bar or antirock on the rear. If that doesn't help enough coilovers might be easier to tune. Looks like it sits kinda high to me too, that could be part of it.