• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

re rebuild of our 83 toyota truck. buggy in progress

Re: re rebuild of our 83 toyota truck

angryfab said:
straps is not the way to fix it .....

x2 I'd spread the upper links at the axle a bit (more horizontal separation at upper axle mounts), and move the frame side upper link mounts forward and up (more vertical seperation at frame mounts). Then triangulate the lowers a bit more, and drop the frame side mounts down some, or decrease ride height.

Now, back on track of the actual build thread,

That double tube frame looks like a LOT of work... :****:

first u need to run the numbers on the setup..... it also apears to have lot of rear steer...... the ride height is to high but not much u can do about that with the front leaf springs an u will never get the valving in air shocks to work well with a leaf spring unless u use an anti rock or sway bar ...... by the time u spend all the time an effort on all that it is easier to just link the front ... u can lower your instant center an get your roll-steer leveled out ...... the only way Ive ever got the numbers wright with springs up front an air shocks in the rear is to run a long flat soft spring up front an set the rear at 0 degrees over steer an 100% antiesquat but the draw back is the springs will have wrap an u have to strap the pack an keep spars an set it up low an fenders have to go ..... or link it I've had all of the above just my 2 cents realy don't mean much

x2 thats really what i was trying to say.
dang man thats some detailed shitz right there.
when i get ready to link the buggy george i need you to make a road trip
thanks

Wondering how the build is going. Friend bought
That back half from you wants to give you a call.
Lost you number tho