• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Re-wire in Houston, TX

e4cutler

I bought my "ready to wheel" Jeep (first one ever) a few months back and been working on it ever since, which isn't a bid deal since I've enjoyed doing most of it and I've learned a lot. With some help from friends, we were able to get it fixed up enough so I could go ride Memorial Day Weekend and that was a blast. It was my first time to go wheeling and I'm pretty sure I'm hooked! thumb.gif Well 1 thing that keeps driving me crazy is the wiring in this thing and how jacked up it is. I've found several wires that don't go anywhere, splices made by twisting the wires together and wrapping them in tape, wire that changes colors several times in a single run, etc... There's probably a dozen or so wires that connect directly to the battery, but to be fair a couple of these were from us trying to get it finished for MDW. Every time you cut it off, you have to disconnect the battery terminal to keep it from being drained. Anyways, I want to get this fixed and have it done right! I've been going back and forth with doing it myself or having someone else do it. I know I could do it myself but it would take a lot of time, some choice words, and probably a few airborne objects! What I would like to do is to find someone around Houston area that does this type of work and won't beat me up on price. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than willing to pay a little more for quality work just don't want to get screwed over. Is there anyone you would recommend or have had experience with that I could talk to? Or is there anyone I should avoid? I'll try and post some pics of what it looks like now.