• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ready Welder 10000 ADP...

zip1

...is on my Xmas list, has anyone used, heard, or know anything about these welders? I'd Appreciate any feedback, or suggestions on something better, or easier to use?

I've read the spec's, and information supplied on Pirate, it seems to be an OK welder for the trail, and at home for welding AL. It should hook up to my buzz box I believe, as long as it's constant voltage.

I've a MM175 already at home, this seems cheaper than buying the power box and gun for AL. Not that I plan on welding a lot of AL, just one of those nice to haves I guess

Wait a tick... Excuse the ignorance here, but Im new to the onboard welders...

Am I reading it correctly that I could hook that up to my 225 amp stick welder in my shop and use the stick welder as a wire-fed welder instead? It seems that if I could do that, I could weld some thick metal (1/2"), and also weld aluminum since its basically a spool gun, with a price tag of under $600 instead of paying over a grand for a MIG with that kinda power, plus the cost of a spool gun. Not to mention I could throw it in the truck and run it on the trail if I wanted to with dual batteries. Seems like an interesting idea if I'm correct...

The only real advantage to the MIG would in fact then be the fact it is a true MIG with inert gas for shielding, right?

~T.J.

Last edited:
84Toyota4x4 said:

Am I reading it correctly that I could hook that up to my 225 amp stick welder in my shop and use the stick welder as a wire-fed welder instead? It seems that if I could do that, I could weld some thick metal (1/2"), and also weld aluminum since its basically a spool gun, with a price tag of under $600 instead of paying over a grand for a MIG with that kinda power, plus the cost of a spool gun. Not to mention I could throw it in the truck and run it on the trail if I wanted to with dual batteries. Seems like an interesting idea if I'm correct...

The only real advantage to the MIG would in fact then be the fact it is a true MIG with inert gas for shielding, right?

~T.J.

Here's some additional information that I read on Pirate about this welder;

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252768

I used to be a Readywelder dealer, and still have one of the units. I've used it a couple times on the trail, and a bunch in the garage for little stuff. They work fine, and are a good option for a trail tool. You can hook either 2 or 3 batteries together to bump up the voltage. You can also run gas with them if you buy a bottle, probably a good option if you use it in the garage a lot. If I remember right you will need the bottle for aluminum work anyway, if you decide to use it for that.

84Toyota4x4 said:

~T.J.

Would have to be a DC arc welder.

I have one of the first Generation "ready welders" and I like it alot(actually Brad has had it in my abcense).Have welded my own junk and other peeps crap back together and it's indespensable on the trail.I hear the newer ones are even more refined and easier to use.

Well crap, I didnt realize you could hook a botle up to them to be shielded too!

Wow. So, uh, IF I have a DC arc (which I dont know if I do or not), then I can run this thing off the arc welder and use it as a gas shielded MIG, but with the power the arc puts out PLUS be able to take it on the trail as a portable welder? What more could you ask for?!

~T.J.

EDIT: I don't think mines a DC stick welder, so that kinda blows that idea, but its still a nice piece of equipment!

Last edited:
It cost alittle more , the premier power welder set up is great for welding and running electric power tools. Mine has saved my butt a few times and along with a few friends.

zuk88 said:
It cost alittle more , the premier power welder set up is great for welding and running electric power tools. Mine has saved my butt a few times and along with a few friends.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but...

I have a premier also. Excellent piece of equipment. Saved my butt just last night coming out of Evans. Slid on a rock face and jammed the steering. Yep, broken J-arm.

I also have the readywelder briefcase wirefeed. Another fine piece of equipment.

Note to self. (don't forget the mask)

jeepmauler said:
I have one of the first Generation "ready welders" and I like it alot(actually Brad has had it in my abcense).Have welded my own junk and other peeps crap back together and it's indespensable on the trail.I hear the newer ones are even more refined and easier to use.

They are not much different jeff--still work great.....

Qman said:
Sorry to bring up an old thread but...

I have a premier also. Excellent piece of equipment. Saved my butt just last night coming out of Evans. Slid on a rock face and jammed the steering. Yep, broken J-arm.

I also have the readywelder briefcase wirefeed. Another fine piece of equipment.

Note to self. (don't forget the mask)
You have a couple onboard welders, but no crossover steering? :wtf: :flipoff:

~T.J. <--- Still has stock steering too. The kit is still laying under the bed :rolleyes:

84Toyota4x4 said:
You have a couple onboard welders, but no crossover steering? :wtf: :flipoff:

~T.J. <--- Still has stock steering too. The kit is still laying under the bed :rolleyes:
Ass,:kissmyass: :stirpot: had the welders for 3 yrs, the 'yota for 6 months(running for a month) Steering is next though.

zuk88 said:

My plan is to get the Premier Power Welder and run a Ready Welder off of it. The website states it is compatible.

trail weld

all you need is 24volts 2 batterys 2 sets of jumper cables and for mild steel some 7018 rod :D