• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Real fawkin newb question!

underoath4177

After a lot of searching and asking questions on other forums, I'm still slightly confused. I'd like to 3 link the front and 4 link the rear of my xj with a 60/14. Thinking ~42's. What gives when it comes to how beefy you need to build the axles? I'd like some go fast but no where near a bouncer. Do i really need anything other than chromos? Is it really necessary to have $5k tied up into one axle with reid parts, rcv's, etc?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

just start stock and upgrade broken parts til you quit breaking stuff if you dont want to put alot in it up front.

Just make sure you plate the unitbody. I didn't and it made it a pain in the ass trying to do it after it was bent and torn.

Re:

That's definitely in the works lol.
Joc, i guess that would be the most sensible thing to do right? I just get caught up in everyone saying "oh i broke 60 shafts on 38's, blah, blah..." just didn't know if it was that common or if people just don't know when to let off.

I wheeled two years with a stock LP 60. Put spicer ujoint in it and bought stock spares axle shafts. Never broke the 60 wih a 350 and 42s. So I did what any normal wheeler would do, traded for rockwells :dunno:

Agree with the other comments... Plate the frame, with a 6 banger I don't think you will ever break an axle in a 60/14 combo

June dog said:
Agree with the other comments... Plate the frame, with a 6 banger I don't think you will ever break an axle in a 60/14 combo

I have broke axles and joints in a d60 with a four banger. Even broke an d300 output idling up a hill **** happens
when it breaks upgrade. :dblthumb:

Re:

Thanks guys. The 6 is going in favor of a 350 but it sounds like if i don't be ridiculous with it, I'll be fine with stock stuff, then upgrading as needed. Thanks!