• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rear steer caster settings

Sounds WAY to complicated! The only thing that would make it better would be to run a doubler with triple sticks behind a manual transmission and have double brake pedals and a cutting brake for each wheel. Maybe a line lock or two for good measure.

It's actually quite simple... Only a steering wheel and a rocker switch on the dash to select mode.

Forbanger said:
Sounds WAY to complicated! The only thing that would make it better would be to run a doubler with triple sticks behind a manual transmission and have double brake pedals and a cutting brake for each wheel. Maybe a line lock or two for good measure.

laughing1

I have 3 tcase shifters, one line lock, one rocker switch for the rear steer and a hand throttle behind a manual trans. No issues here :dblthumb:

GONOVRIT said:
laughing1

I have 3 tcase shifters, one line lock, one rocker switch for the rear steer and a hand throttle behind a manual trans. No issues here :dblthumb:

Again I wish I had rear steer problems. :****:

Approaching this topic again. I'm going to be running front and rear steer portals and would love a definitive answer. I've always been told to run the front between 8-12* and shoot for 10* at ride height if possible. It's worked well on every rig I've built, but I've never set up a rear steer axle.

Gonna try and put all this together