• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rear steer set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian H

Im thinking about doing a rear steer set up on my tacoma. I want to use a 60 in the rear. Im a cheap azz so I want to do it on a budget. Input on what i need to gather would be great.:awesomework:

To answer your question it's straight foreward what you need. Front axle in the rear with the diff flipped or aftermarket stuff........
Now for my opinion.......
Don't do it!:rolleyes:

Isn't it obvious what you need to gather? A dana 60 front axle, retubed so the diff is centered. A hydraulic ram, a hydraulic control valve and some hoses.

so people that are saying dont do it , do you have rear steer and not like it?.

im planing on doing rear steer in the near future aswell

nope. i think the general concensus is that brian should actually take his rig wheeling before tearing it apart again. and fix the leaks.

To answer your question it's straight foreward what you need. Front axle in the rear with the diff flipped or aftermarket stuff........
Now for my opinion.......
Don't do it!:rolleyes:
No flip required....as for centering it makes parts hard to get....I may at some point flop tubes on mine in the rear so both diffs are offset the same side like some crawlers.....I have a shitload of money tied up in mine.... you would need axles and joints or longs birfs to hold up to the abuse the rear will take just because of the weight transfer involved when climbing.....I did the trial and error method but it rocks now:awesomework:

No I dont have it but I would rather see people get alot of seat time and learn how to drive rather than try and further their wheelin by overbuilding. Meaning if you took all the upgrades away can they still drive the line or look like a Rookie. Hope that makes sense.:D

NeverWheeler doesnt wheel, he internet builds.

The steering valve is what i was wondering about along with the axle set up. I heard of people flipping the thirds..... i wasnt sure if the was added stuff need for that.. anyway I was only thinking about doing it. it was only a thought.

Brian, I'll hook ya up with some uhmw. If the new links dont work i'll make ya some chromo lowers(on a budget). Just wheel that fawker the way it is and make it reliable.

I think the ones that are saying don't do it, don't have it or have never used it. Once you have it you will never go back. :stirpot:

Status
Not open for further replies.