• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rear sway bar

kody29

I need to see some ideas on how to mount rear sway bar if I can't get to rear axle upper links or what??

Not sure what your looking for but here are my buggy's
35bbfc713d56864ffabde627c3b2cc64.jpg
b57e95c62ff2fa8d586f59884dea2bb9.jpg
52765a6ee10f8ff348401dfd96ab4a87.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on rockwells and my upper links are parallel so it tough not a lot of room

If it wont fit in a traditional way, you can mount it upside down on the axle if you need to.

They can honestly be mounted in almost and flat orientation as long as the linkage links frame to each axle end. You can mount it to the links, you can mount it to the axle, you can flip it upside down and put the bar itself on the axle

As long as you mind your leverages and keep the ratios as best you can...you should be OK. If you end up with something crazy in terms of mounting them, you may want to talk to PAC and see about having a custom bar made for you. The antirock bars are really nice and easy to package (I run one) - but they are a soft bar. You almost need to be on the shortest arm possible to really get them to act as intended on anything with any speed.

Here is what I did

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1513785842600.jpg
    FB_IMG_1513785842600.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 126
  • FB_IMG_1513785845741.jpg
    FB_IMG_1513785845741.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 123
I just tacked on tabs I have 2in tubing clams ordered to mount tabs to but any ideas before it's all burned in would be great

kody29 said:
I just tacked on tabs I have 2in tubing clams ordered to mount tabs to but any ideas before it's all burned in would be great

I think it should work out OK - I would make sure that you can get to the front bolt holes on the arms. With it being on the links, and it being a non-light buggy, I would suspect youll want the shortest hole...at least that is where I would start and then work the other direction if you arent happy with it there.

slravenel said:
I think it should work out OK - I would make sure that you can get to the front bolt holes on the arms. With it being on the links, and it being a non-light buggy, I would suspect youll want the shortest hole...at least that is where I would start and then work the other direction if you arent happy with it there.

ok so start with the shortest arm length then work out from there? They are 17 in arms.

kody29 said:
ok so start with the shortest arm length then work out from there? They are 17 in arms.

I would...but thats just my usual way of working through things like ORIs, air bumps, etc. I start on one extreme, usually the "stiffer" of extremes, and work out from it. You can get the same results the other way too. I just wouldnt start in the middle...then you dont really have an extreme to base it on.

The Antirock bars are pretty soft. There is obviously a lot more to it than just sway bar, but you have 4 holes to choose from - so just play with it and see what you like best. Just make sure you can get to them easily (like mentioned above, the clamps are a good idea in that regard)