• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rebuilding coilovers?

TrailTaco

Can anyone recommend a place to get my coilovers rebuilt. I need new seals, o-rings, oil and new rod ends. I know there are places in Cali that can do it but I really don't want to pay shipping. They are Sway-A-Way 2.0 with 650lb coils. I can order all the parts if someone knows a guy that can do it.

Thanks,
Mark

Sounds like you did the hard part and found the parts you need. I would say try it, ask lots of questions

I'm sure you can find a write up on how to rebuild them. I know I've seen one for F-O-A coil overs.
It seems like as long you keep everything in order, it shouldn't be too tough.

I can do it. Depending on how big of a hurry you are in (i'm swamped the next couple of weeks), I'd be happy to do it with you so you can learn how to do it. If you're not interested, you could just drop 'em off at the shop and I can turn them around in a couple of days.

I can do it. Depending on how big of a hurry you are in (i'm swamped the next couple of weeks), I'd be happy to do it with you so you can learn how to do it. If you're not interested, you could just drop 'em off at the shop and I can turn them around in a couple of days.

John do you have a line with Bilstien, I've got 4 of the 9100 series coil overs that are worn out, and could use new seals I'd imagine. Do they sell a "rebuild" kit that you know of? I'd also like to get new adjusters, the previous owner must not have had a adjuster tool and looks like they just tried to use a punch and hammer to turn them.

That would be great! I would love to be involved. I want to do it myself but I don't wanna screw it up. I am not in a big hurry at all. I will start getting the parts and let you know when I have them all.

John do you have a line with Bilstien, I've got 4 of the 9100 series coil overs that are worn out, and could use new seals I'd imagine. Do they sell a "rebuild" kit that you know of? I'd also like to get new adjusters, the previous owner must not have had a adjuster tool and looks like they just tried to use a punch and hammer to turn them.

I have a line with them and can get the seals and whatnot. They are fairly simple to rebuild and I can also charge them if you need. PM me and Ill send you my number if you need:awesomework: