• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Recentering Wheels

Poohbair

Pabst O'Holic
...anyone here recenter their own wheels?

I sold my tires/wheels off the Runner, and am in the market for something in the 38-40" range. I have a hard time spending a bunch of $ on single beadlocks.

I was thinking about getting some H1 rims, and for $50 bucks each you can buy 6 lug centers from Copperhead Fab. Shouldn't be too hard to get them in there remotely straight... then I could get some inserts, and some 16.5 tires, and be dialed... right...???

Did you build a jig or something to try and get the new centers in as straight as possible?

Any pics?

They offer centers in 1/4" and 3/8" plate. My cheap side says 1/4" is plenty. My always used to break **** side says if I go this route, get the 3/8"...

If the centers you are loking at are flat, dont bother. They need to be pressed to kepp from bending.

There a guy in the vendor section of pirate that does pressed centers for hummers, perfect fit. No centering needed. His centers push right in and sit flat against an existing lip in the rear hoop.

Price is compareable with copperhead after shipping.:beer:

If the centers you are loking at are flat, dont bother. They need to be pressed to kepp from bending.

There a guy in the vendor section of pirate that does pressed centers for hummers, perfect fit. No centering needed. His centers push right in and sit flat against an existing lip in the rear hoop.

Price is compareable with copperhead after shipping.:beer:

Any idea what the vendors name is? Is it the Mad Mac guy?

Thats him.

I sent him a PM and will wait to hear from him.

Do you think I would bend the flat centers even w/ the 3/8" plate ones on my lil' baby 4Runner? I don't do crazy **** and 4wheel steer burnouts w/ my old 22RE :D I would think they would be fine unless I rolled and landed just wrong on a wheel... ???

Your runner looks better on blocks, matches mine.

Can't wait to see the new shoes, what do I have, about 23 days?

Those guys on pirate are spot on!:awesomework:

Yes they are...

These are the centers... and they are BEEFY. The box weighed 46lbs for 4 of them.

WheelCenters.jpg

WheelCenters1.jpg