• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Recommend me a transmission jack

whiskeymakin

Those of you that have a lift at the house, help me out. Is the otc really worth the extra money?
I've read reviews on some of the china stuff having seal issues.
Harbor freight one seems ok, hit or miss...
I'd hate to make a mistake on a fairly pricey piece of equipment.
Just seeing what most of yall use and have had good luck with

Thanks

Ironically I'm needing a transmission jack as well. However your question is confusing me, it says Tranny jack in the title then you ask about a lift. To me a "lift' is like a two-post or 4-post vehicle lift. Or is that what you're calling the tranny jack?

He's talking about a tranny jack FOR USE WITH a lift....

They are 6+' tall

I have HF's biggest floor trans jack for those of us without lifts and it works flawlessly for me

Just FYI

gottagofast said:
He's talking about a tranny jack FOR USE WITH a lift....

They are 6+' tall

I have HF's biggest floor trans jack for those of us without lifts and it works flawlessly for me

Just FYI

Seriously, after I hit post the light bulb went off. Some days I'm just not all there. :****:

Yea sorry about that....it's in my head but sometimes it doesnt come out right with the thumbs.
Yes, a tranny jack for use under a post lift.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Ive got the non-lift model from harbor freight. Ive used it on several f250's with the r4100 and e4od trans. After extensive use i had to reweld the top pivot tubes due to failure. In the jacks defense its used like a rented mule.

On the OTC jack, ive never used one but i have used several other pieces of equipment from OTC and everything seems built really well.

If you're running a transmission shop, go OTC, if its the occasional use, go harbor freight.

Yeah mine has been used several times for my zf6 and 273 tcase for my Powerstroke truck....
I would ASSume that the tall version SHOULD be decent too but...???

I had a wheel shear off on a brand new HF floor model and almost had a nv4500 become part of my face. I turned away quickly and it stopped about an inch from hitting the floor. Nothing else to add here.

This is the one I have,
http://www.mactools.com/en-us/Shop-Equipment/Jacks/JT1000/1-000-Lbs-Capacity-Two-Stage-Transmission-Jack

It is labeled/branded under several different names, one is Orion.
http://m.northerntool.com/products/shop~tools~product_200311834_200311834?hotline=false

It has bigger footprint than most do, 2 stage shaft, I used it on a damn heavy nv5600, been used on full fuel tanks for fuel pump swaps, transfer cases, even used it to push up on suspension stuff. 2 of the arms are removable. It's a badass jack.

Most of the jacks are chinese, this one is made by shinfoo? one of the better ones and you can order a complete seal kit to rebuild it.

Appreciate it fellas.
I'm not trying to depend on one to make a living.
The rebranded mac tools one seems like a pretty good route.

Sorry, it was omega, not orion. Same jack as above, and it's shinn fu. Had to get to work to look all that up

https://www.amazon.com/Omega-41000-Hi-Lift-Transmission-Jack/dp/B0002STTAM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471355866&sr=8-2&keywords=OME41000

The same jack but air actuated . I don't care anything about that, it's not that hard to pump the pedal with your foot.

https://www.amazon.com/Omega-Telescoping-Actuated-Hydraulic-Transmission/dp/B0143KIXRO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471356091&sr=8-1&keywords=OME41001

Well trans jack took a **** last week while in the middle of a Tahoe fuel pump job, 8 months out of warranty.... dropped it and a floor jack off at southeastern jack yesterday. Waiting to see how much it will cost to fix. I have used the crap out of it but expected it to last longer before having problems. :-\

I have the greg smith $475 one. We have used it weekly in our shop for over a year. I'd buy it again. The only thing I don't like about it is the plate on top only pivots in one direction.

I put it on the back burner for a while but still looking. I think the 2 way adjustable plate would be very handy.

Latest posts