• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Redneck Paycheck

ManiacMagoo

Well I got bored the last hour. What can I say being a stay at home dad is driving me crazy. Anways here are the specs:

Bender SW2 Chassis
pede tranny locked
maxx axles locked
55t lathe w/ GD600 if I need the grunt
super rooster speed control
revo shafts

pics:

101_0511.jpg

101_0510.jpg

pssst thats cuz I have to make adapters for the pede tranny and my neighbor already warned me about running my drill press in here this late :flipoff: .

Here is a pic of the adapters I made to hook my revo shafts to my stampede tranny:

101_0514.jpg

I used the steel drive cup that came with my TLT for the dog bones and drilled holes in the end for a pin to go threw. Next I chucked the solid part in my drill since I couldn't find a drill bit exactly the same size. I put my plastic Max drive cup from a stock max plastice axle shaft in my vise and used the steel one to drill into it. It worked flawlessly and has a nice tight fit with no slop compared to the drill bits I tried. I have a 300 piece set and none where close enough for me. So now I can hook my revo shafts up. :redneck:

Last edited:
Lucky for me it was just a cheap ass traxxas one. 2 weeks ago I was driving my truck and smelled something burning about 30 minutes later stopped and my super rooster was warm. I opened it up and 3 of the transistors decided to blow thier load :eek: .

Going to have to figure out how to setup some brakes. I had it where the brake was on the drive shaft. Needless to say one good bounce broke the shaft :haha: . So now I'm just going to let it freewheel for front dig until I can get something figured out with my revo shafts :tank:.

Well here are a few pictures from dicking around on the rock wall in front of my apartment. I need to get off my lazy ass and drive back up to crystal mountain where I take my TLT with this thing.

101_0527.jpg

101_0526.jpg

101_0525.jpg

101_0524.jpg

Only problem I have now is my brand new super rooster when I hit reverse will just stay going in reverse at 30% speed. I reveresed polarity on the motor still does it. I reset the settings on my Futaba 3PM Fm radio and it still does it. I tried reseting the speed control again and it still does it. I'm at a total loss on why this is happening :wtf: . My last super rooster didn't have this issue. So Dude tell me how to fix it :haha: . It is weird I tried changing each setting in my radio and none of them phased it.

did ya set it 50/50? or is it trying to run at 50/50 but you have a 70/30 set up on your radio?? motor wires twisted around each other like the are supposed to be?? did you run a lathe motor with out caps and mess up your speed control right of the bat?? Novak will still back that esc if it is defective.
Also is it new to you? are was it nib and sealed when you got it.