• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

redrilling axle bolt pattern

340SHORTY

I have a 88 Dodge D 100. it has the 9 1/4 rearend with the 5x5.5 lug pattern. I would like to redrill to 5x4.5. using 1/2 screw in studs.. anyone around here do it. thanks :hi:

. anyone around here do it. thanks :hi:

Where are you located?
Dean at Bent Metal Customs in Puyallup can do it.
Carl at Jantz 4x4 in Poulsbo can do it.
Or you can buy some 1.25 wheel spacers which will adapt to the correct lug sizes at Bayview 4x4 in Silverdale (or most any other 4x store)

If you are savy with a protractor,compass and drill press you could do it your self. 5 on 4.5" = 4.5" bolt circle ie. a 2.25" Radius with the compass. 5 into 360*= 72* of angle "between" holes.

Scribe the 2.25" RAD. bolt circle

With the protractor mark the 72* lines where they intersect the rad of the bolt circle....mark this intersection. Center punch the X. Carefully drill to the dimension of your desire and proceed to tap threads or just pound in studs.

Giver' hell:beer:

If you are savy with a protractor,compass and drill press you could do it your self. 5 on 4.5" = 4.5" bolt circle ie. a 2.25" Radius with the compass. 5 into 360*= 72* of angle "between" holes.

Scribe the 2.25" RAD. bolt circle

With the protractor mark the 72* lines where they intersect the rad of the bolt circle....mark this intersection. Center punch the X. Carefully drill to the dimension of your desire and proceed to tap threads or just pound in studs.

Giver' hell:beer:
:eeek::scratchhead::redneck:

If doing front I have a set of Dana 44 hub/ rotar
Assemblys thet Jantz converted from 5on5.5 to 5 on 4.5