• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Regearing a F250

charliesnyder

Alright boys and girls. Looks like I will be getting a D60 to swap into my '97 Ford F250. The axle I'm going to swap is 4.10 gearing wise and my truck has 3.54's or so I've been told. Probably going to keep the 4.10's to swap for a larger tire and lift.

How much am I looking to spend on regearing my 10.5? That is whats in there right? A Sterling 10.5? Would it be cheaper for me to find a matching rear before trying to re-gear?

Thanks,
Charlie

It probably would be cheaper to find a matching rear end actually. The 10.5/10.25 go for pretty cheap no matter what the gearing. Unless you know someone that is willing to set up the new gears for next to nothing..

It probably would be cheaper to find a matching rear end actually. The 10.5/10.25 go for pretty cheap no matter what the gearing. Unless you know someone that is willing to set up the new gears for next to nothing..

truth right here.

I have one here in a blazer I bought with 4.10s and it came form Fitz auto wrecking. I gave them a whopping 10 dollars for it.

CHEAP and easy to find. Then you still have your old one for a extra set of axles, bearings spiders, brakes, etc.

No more quad huh?

truth right here.

I have one here in a blazer I bought with 4.10s and it came form Fitz auto wrecking. I gave them a whopping 10 dollars for it.

CHEAP and easy to find. Then you still have your old one for a extra set of axles, bearings spiders, brakes, etc.

No more quad huh?

As of right now the plans are to trade the quad for the D60. He has a matching rear out the donor truck but wanted to know if it would be cheaper to regear.

Well looks like as with most of my questions. If I would have gotten off my ass and did a little google work, I would have found my answer. Looks like I have 4.10's in my truck already... Finally got the wife to get off her ass and take a picture of the door plate in my truck and found the axle code. Sure enough, 4.10's limited slip! Wooooo!!

Well looks like as with most of my questions. If I would have gotten off my ass and did a little google work, I would have found my answer. Looks like I have 4.10's in my truck already... Finally got the wife to get off her ass and take a picture of the door plate in my truck and found the axle code. Sure enough, 4.10's limited slip! Wooooo!!

:looser:....

:redneck: Glad to hear---makes life MUCH easier, Huh!!!

:looser:....

:redneck: Glad to hear---makes life MUCH easier, Huh!!!
Yeah I'm usually one to say search newb too.... Guess it makes it harder and gives me an excuse that I'm here!!! :fawkdancesmiley:

EDIT: just so I don't feel like a total loser.... Here is the link to the site I found my answer at.

LINK

Enjoy:beer:

Last edited:

Latest posts