• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter and LEOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comet

Mrs. Crash, Eviltoymaker and I met with the Snohomish Co. Sheriff's office last week and they are going to be making themselves more visible in the near future. They are acquiring some motorcyles and may even ride along with some RTW members on patrols.

Also, the DNR has told us they will be stepping things up to and are working with the county on how to go about doing this. Although I think the DNR is behind the curve a bit and they are spread much thinner. So please pass the word and mind your P's and Q's

thats cool maybe they can give me my equipment ticket on the way in instead of when im leaving.:D how come they go to orv area then hassle the guys there enjoying themselves but at night when someone dumps a car they are not around to stop them or someone haulling a truck full of garbage. oh well. its cool they are gonna start being around a little bit more.

crapyota said:
thats cool maybe they can give me my equipment ticket on the way in instead of when im leaving.:D how come they go to orv area then hassle the guys there enjoying themselves but at night when someone dumps a car they are not around to stop them or someone haulling a truck full of garbage. oh well. its cool they are gonna start being around a little bit more.
They made it very clear (because we asked) that they are not up there to hassle us for no mud flaps or bs like that. If you are cool with them, they'll be cool with you. If you see one, go up and talk to them, and tell them you are glad to see them. And if you see anything going on that shouldn't be, tell them. They will be targeting underage drinking, and general asshatedness. Stay on the trail and be cool, and you'll be fine.:cool:

i know i was just kidding because i did get hassled once leaving he turned around and chased me down just to tell me everything i need to be on the road. i have made it more streetable for getting to the trails since. and it is good to see them around one sheriff almost had to use his winch on his rubicon to save me from going over in the snow on mt pilchuck this winter. he almost couldnt stop laughing at the wide eyes on my gf as we slid towards the edge.

that was my buddie danny wickstrom. all in all he is a good guy.

but it was funny that you did slide off the road right in front of him.....i reserve the righ to flip you crap about that.

I wish they would stop and do some sort of vehicle checks up there on the bikes, quads and 4x4's.

spark arrestors, ORV tabs, registration etc...

Hip that was funny!! maybe it should be in funny wheelin. im sure there is gonna be more stuff to flip me crap about
as for checking tabs and spark arrestors im sure they will start doing that soon enough but orv tags? its not realy an official orv spot! so im sure they got some issues to work out. lets be happy they are gonna make a presence im sure that will keep people a little more cautious on what they bring and how they treat the area. thats what is needed.

Last edited:
crapyota said:
im sure there is gonna be more stuff to flip me crap about
as for checking tabs and spark arrestors im sure they will start doing that soon enough but orv tags? its not realy an official orv spot! so im sure they got some issues to work out. lets be happy they are gonna make a presence im sure that will keep people a little more cautious on what they bring and how they treat the area. thats what is needed.

Official or not doesn't matter. They can, they have, and they will enforce it.

cool!!! im legal. but i still think the problem is with garbage and what not. im sure there is rigs with no tabs and stuff but i would rather see the drunk partiers who litter kicked out first. then start to enforce other issues start small dont kick everyone out and educate those that dont know what they did wrong.

crapyota said:
cool!!! im legal. but i still think the problem is with garbage and what not. im sure there is rigs with no tabs and stuff but i would rather see the drunk partiers who litter kicked out first. then start to enforce other issues start small dont kick everyone out and educate those that dont know what they did wrong.

tHATS only part of the problem.. Another is elegal wood steeling. They will also be enforcing vehicles being in the wrong areas (like at the wall and 4x4's on bikes trails and thats right from the mouth of the powers that be)

crapyota said:

Reiter has an abundance of issues...garbage is just the easiest to see and the easiest to address, therefore it's where all the attention goes.

crash said:
4x4's on bikes trails and thats right from the mouth of the powers that be)

I'd like to know how their going to enforce this being that there are no official bike trails?

Binder said:
I'd like to know how their going to enforce this being that there are no official bike trails?

Like I said rick I am saying what was said to us--plain and somple no bullshit...

How are they going to enforce it? I aint the law and I don't make the laws so I don't know. But I am pretty sure its based off common sense, you see a rig squeezing thru something where there are no 2 track tracks--pretty sure your going to get nailed...

Unless they can show me a common sense law they can lick my nuts........
Anyone who knows me knows I'm not one to step on others toes and will gladly follow the rules/ laws. BUT to the best of my knowledge there are no laws that say they can differentiate between a two and four wheel vehicle as far as what trails they can go on at Reiter. The way I see legally it if I can't drive there than they cannot either. I'm not saying I'm going to go and look for bike trails to drive on just that if they want to enforce this stuff they need to get it in gear and set some guidelines.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.:stirpot:

Binder said:
Unless they can show me a common sense law they can lick my nuts........
Anyone who knows me knows I'm not one to step on others toes and will gladly follow the rules/ laws. BUT to the best of my knowledge there are no laws that say they can differentiate between a two and four wheel vehicle as far as what trails they can go on at Reiter. The way I see legally it if I can't drive there than they cannot either. I'm not saying I'm going to go and look for bike trails to drive on just that if they want to enforce this stuff they need to get it in gear and set some guidelines.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.:stirpot:

Yelling and screaming gets everyone NO place--plain and simple.. get involved or those higher ups will make the laws for us. You are corect but like I say I am just passing on what "law" enforcement has stated..

And arguing amoung(sp) ourselfs is just like running into a brick wall...

But I think if you look at how the DNR folks look at it if your banging against a tree (I know its part of the sport) to the point of doing it alot of damage then thats where they will look down and do bad things--but thats just a guess...

Not yelling here.....Your correct that there are laws against us damaging trees, in fact you can be fined three times the value of a tree if you damage it so in fact in that sense you cannot go on narrow trails. Local LEA's can set laws like this but I don't think they have.
I wish they had something to regulate I'm just not OK with them making up rules. This does us no good, if they don't like the fact that there's not much they can do about something then maybe that will motivate them to get the ball rolling and do something about it.

Some food for thought
http://search.leg.wa.gov/pub/textsearch/ViewRoot.asp?Action=Html&Item=18&X=407160208&p=1

I think the county people will be more focusing on things like littering, drinking, stupid behavior and obvious resource damage. The DNR might pay more attention to trail stuff. In my mind, just having a presence up there is a good thing to get the attention of some of the yahoos up there doing no good.

Comet said:
I think the county people will be more focusing on things like littering, drinking, stupid behavior and obvious resource damage. The DNR might pay more attention to trail stuff. In my mind, just having a presence up there is a good thing to get the attention of some of the yahoos up there doing no good.

Well put there Comet, but I do agree with Binder about trying to enforce laws about rigs on trails they are not supposed to be on.

I don't think even they know 100% what their plans are yet. I'm sure they will learn as they go. Bottom line, it's not our property so no matter what, we have to obey the rules of someone elses land if we want to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.