• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter and LEOs

Status
Not open for further replies.
crash said:
Yelling and screaming gets everyone NO place--plain and simple.. get involved or those higher ups will make the laws for us. You are corect but like I say I am just passing on what "law" enforcement has stated..

And arguing amoung(sp) ourselfs is just like running into a brick wall...

True, but enforcing non-existant laws could and most likely will lead to trouble.

Before you can enforce laws about 4x4's being on bike trails. First you have to have the area managed in a manner that prohibits that type of use. As it is today, there aren't any regulations that I know of manageing that particular use for the Reiter area.

So, all you can do is enforce environmental type laws. Such as damage to trees. But if a 4x4 can get through a 2 track trail without scarring trees, then as far as I know, they are legal.

Honestly, I see some of this is putting the cart before the horse. Nothing good ever comes from that.

Now, before anyone jumps down my throat about not supporting an area, by posting what I said, I am. I am just pointing out that if the PD writes (or hassles) a 4x4 user a ticket for being on a bike trail, they will be doing so "illegally" - which is going to do nothing but cause users to rebel against the system. Rather than support it.

On an issue such as this Mike, you need to push back on the PD and ask them to produce the legal justification to backup what they said they are going to enforce. Afterall, if they are going to ticket 4x4's for single track use, I would hope that they also stated they would ticket motorbikes for not being on a single track trail. ;)

That last sentence will never happen. 2 track trails are multi use trails(basically open to anything)single track is for mc and mountain bikes and hikers only.I am sure you already know that:)

There is a new cop for the area around elbe also. I met him up there a couple weeks ago when giving a rid to the DNR lady. He is looking for illegal wood cutters and talking to people about having their bikes/rigs tabbed. Mainly that is it for now.

426rider said:
That last sentence will never happen. 2 track trails are multi use trails(basically open to anything)single track is for mc and mountain bikes and hikers only.I am sure you already know that:)

In an officially managed ORV area yes, I would agree with you.

In an area such as Reiter... technically no, and while it may be polite to not use 2 track trails. I know of nothing in reiter, legally requiring "me" to do so; if you can find an RCW, WAC, or other regulation that limits use (regarding motorized 2 track trails) in a NON-ORV area I'll happily take my words back. :)

Not arguing here... I understand what everyone is trying to do - and it's a good thing. I've wanted to see this happen in Reiter for over 5 years now. But sometimes it's more important to make sure it's being done properly than being done quickly. you know what I mean?

Travis said:
In an officially managed ORV area yes, I would agree with you.

In an area such as Reiter... technically no, and while it may be polite to not use 2 track trails. I know of nothing in reiter, legally requiring "me" to do so; if you can find an RCW, WAC, or other regulation that limits use (regarding motorized 2 track trails) in a NON-ORV area I'll happily take my words back. :)

Not arguing here... I understand what everyone is trying to do - and it's a good thing. I've wanted to see this happen in Reiter for over 5 years now. But sometimes it's more important to make sure it's being done properly than being done quickly. you know what I mean?

Like I stated before
#1 it was stated to us---RTW from the officer himself.
#2 You have in all honesty NO clue whats going on up there--come to a meeting travis and find out
#3 This negativity is getting us NO PLACE...

Status
Not open for further replies.