Grumpy's Trail:

DSCN0443.jpg

DSCN0444.jpg

Exit via the power line trails:

DSCN0446.jpg

DSCN0448.jpg

DSCN0449.jpg

-Alex

That picture of the red Cherokee crossing the water is cool as hell. I love it :awesomework:

I was sitting in the passenger seat of the Red 4runner.. That was my first time on that trail..actually both the drive and mine!!

Great times!!:awesomework:

Thanks for the pics Bar-eido or how ever you spell it:haha:

and Yes..The pick of the Red XJ is badass:awesomework:

Every Toyota I see that goes up stair step ends up putting the pass rear tail light on that rock. Maybe I should just sit there with new replacements... :redneck: Nice pics!

Thanks guys, everytime I go up the stair step I put my passenger side THOR guard on the rock:

n1325325234_19431_8240.jpg

3346_1134277000192_1325325234_34079.jpg

It's on it in both of those pictures, you just can't see it.

-Alex

Great pictures, that was a good day. That was my first time over and I had to trust Horus, he didn't let me down.
First time over there is a little butt pucker.
The trails are clean and a challenge.
Reiter rocks!:awesomework:

Last edited:
That was my first time over and I had to trust Horus, he didn't let me down.
First time over there is a little butt pucker.

I knew you had it. From the driver seat it certainly does not feel that way sometimes. Good weekend guys. :beer::beer::beer:

I knew you had it. From the driver seat it certainly does not feel that way sometimes. Good weekend guys. :beer::beer::beer:

damit i missed all the fun! i have seen that spot many times and really doesn't look that bad in the pic but we all know how pic's do not justify whats really going down. for grant to say it was a butt pucker it must have been awesome! Has anyone ever seen a rig go over at that spot?

i can't wait to get up there with my 4runner! :beer:

Has anyone ever seen a rig go over at that spot?

I have seen it from the passenger seat but we were going down not up.

Lots of rigs flop there but I have never heard of one going tumbling down the hill- that would be bad.

I have never seen anyone flop on that spot. The hole has gotten deeper so my rig actually picked a tire about a foot. Normally the ZJ will keep all four tires on the rock going over. Recently I have been carrying the left front for about a foot. Even Stair Step is ever evolving.

I think it's solid rock and hasn't changed in a hell of a long time unless you're driving off the side of it downhill into the dirt?

The little dirt spot on the right side is deeper than it used to be, but the whole rest of the obstacle is solid rock.

Horus you should try it in a SWB leaf spring rig- I think I've had a tire about 8' in the air. :eeek:

Mabey not that high but Money was spotting and I'm pretty sure it was over his head. :D

Sitting in the passenger seat of Grants rig was a fun time..

The ground sure seemed alot closer to that side when we were going thru the step up!:awesomework::haha:

The little dirt spot on the right side is deeper than it used to be, but the whole rest of the obstacle is solid rock.

Horus you should try it in a SWB leaf spring rig- I think I've had a tire about 8' in the air. :eeek:

Mabey not that high but Money was spotting and I'm pretty sure it was over his head. :D

Yep--the Sami picks serious tire right there.