• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter Updates: Summer/Fall 2010

Reiter is moving forward and I think things will start happening this spring. Right now contracts are being worked out for the final layout of the 4x4 trails and should be signed by the end of the month. I think by the end of February we will see some good stuff at the focus group meeting. I know RTW is going to have a busy year, this year

Things going on this month
RTW meeting Jan 11
Reiter focus group meeting Jan 26

Focus Group meeting is next Wed. Jan 25th per DNR's email update.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next focus group meeting is January 25.

Focus group meetings are from 7 to 9 p.m. every fourth Wednesday in the East Public Meeting Room in the Snohomish County Building, 3000 Rockefeller Ave., Everett.

For more information, contact David Way at 360-854-2830.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

well this will tell ya what you need to know for the next 5 years...

Looking ahead to grant applications for 2012 and beyond
Spring/Summer 2012 - We are working on a Nonhighway and Off-road Vehicles Activities (NOVA) grant to continue with Phase 1 motorized trail construction beginning July 2013 and ending in June 2015.
Spring/Summer 2012 - A NOVA grant application is in progress for the planning and design of Phase 2 motorized trails beginning July 2013 and ending in June 2015.
Spring/Summer 2014 - We plan to submit an application for a NOVA grant to fund Phase 2 motorized trail development and construction beginning July 2015 and ending in June 2017.
Spring/Summer 2014 - We plan to submit an application for a NOVA grant to fund the design and development of the permanent motorized trailhead beginning July 2015 and ending in June 2017.
Spring/Summer 2016 - We plan to submit an application for grant funding from NOVA or the Washington Wildlife and Recreation Program (WWRP) for the design and construction of non-motorized trails beginning in July 2017 and ending in June 2019.

God damn it we need to be building 4x4 trails now after all the DNR BS that we have gone through!!!!! I hear that the Dirt bikers and the ATV trails are being worked on right now so whats the hold up on a small amount of 4x4 trails?????? I guess we are the 4x4 sheeple that will just wait...and wait...and wait and by the time we get some...(SMALL) amount of trails our kids will be happy with them maybe!!!!!!:stirpot::corn::corn::corn::wtf:

Lets all don't get our panties in a wad ............................

well its getting hard not to... :wtf: One more year... one more year... one more year... I am losing faith! :wtf:

I think we need to lean harder on DNR and our politicians to push harder on the project!

well its getting hard not to... :wtf: One more year... one more year... one more year... I am losing faith! :wtf:

I think we need to lean harder on DNR and our politicians to push harder on the project!

Hell yes you do. Every single wheeler in the area needs to be bugging the hell out of your local politicians. Their elected to represent you and they dont because nobody makes them. Its the only way your going to be moved to the top of the pile. Squeaky wheels always get greased.

We need the facts of what is internally going on and those are buried in deep. My concern if we push too hard the engineer will design it out of forest service specs and then we are ****ed.

The news just came out and I personally thing they are pushing buttons at this point to see the reaction. They have been getting a lot of heat from the enviro community to when are they starting on the non moto side. This now sets the time line for that. I personally thing they are under staffed and un managed for the projects that they have taken on.

Personally I think that it is there leadership that needs to get their thoughts together and get some accountability for the money that they have been given.

Someone need to be held accountable for actions of non productivity in DNR recreation. At the focus group tonight will be the unveiling of DNR recreations design staffs ability to produce a product. This is 9 months of work for them. I haven't seen it yet so it ot to be interesting of what they came up with for the wages paid. I am not against pressure....... just not till we have the facts.

Like in pool for every action there is an reaction. We need to think about the reaction to their action

Just my 2 cents on this. and if you don't think I am pissed you are wrong.. I have been lied to more that anyone when it comes to Reiter. But I have never given up and will still push. There is a time to dance and a time for bats. The latter is coming close. But we have to see what this new and shinny engineer can produce. Then make a decision what the next action is.

I still need to remember that DNR is the only agency / anyone that is working on or has thought of expanding ORV recreation

We need the facts of what is internally going on and those are buried in deep. My concern if we push too hard the engineer will design it out of forest service specs and then we are ****ed.

So if we push for what we want, we'll get ****ed. so we need to settle on something thats more realistic (aka lame) so it'll get through. I dunno, this seems unacceptable. Why do we need FS specs? these aren't FS trails. This sucks because ultimately it means the hardcore people will think its lame (and continue wheeling elsewhere), while the obstacles will be too difficult for the other 60-70% of people, and they will continue to wheel their easier local spots.

And we already know at best this fall a few trails will be open, but barely enough to have a full day of fun.

Personally I think that it is there leadership that needs to get their thoughts together and get some accountability for the money that they have been given.

Bingo. Accountability. DNR has little. Goldmark has had 4 years to show that he could improve recreation. Whats happened? a bunch of planning processes, a whole bunch of idealism, and nothing real. DNR is working on ORV stuff more than anyone else, but not because they want to.

Instead of working with user groups, DNR has gone to close areas and then get user groups to work with them to plan a new area. They don't spend any time figuring out what actual impact is being done and trying to put in temporary measures to fix actual impact.

And its much more than motorized. Non-motorized have been getting screwed as well. If we want accountability, we need someone on our side in Nov 2012 for CPL.

We need to push there buttons.

We have done everything they have asked of us (who have been involved) and still they keep right on pushing us with more bureaucratic BS.

The focus group meeting went over without any one getting shot of mangled. The big topic was the release of the design of the single track trails and the Vanna white explanation of the trails. Most of the meeting was focused on the single track trails. A brief cap on where they are going on the 4x4. Like I said. We will have to see where it is going as far as quality of trail before we start the bitching fest.

Jacob
The reason we want to stay in a category 5 FS trail is that then we don