• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reliability vs Performance

crazyRunner

So...the throw out bearing went out in my rig today...im surprised it lasted as long as it did. ive been driving around with it chattering and screeching like a sob for almost a month now. so i figure while im in there replacing it, i would just replace my whole clutch. Now clutch kits arnt that expensive... a "high performance" one would probably only cost me some were around 350$ish. but wheeling is brutal on clutches as we all know. so should i spend the money on a high performance kit? hit up a junk yard? or get the O'riely special? do yall think it wold be even worth going for the high performance kit? or would it last me no longer than a average clutch.:eeek:

If it's in behind a 4banger, i say get a Sachs stocker, MAYBE one with a LITTLE more grab and be done. Your leg will thank you. 84toyota4x4 can attest to a centerforce clutch making his leg dead after a day. :fawkdancesmiley:

Centerforce II if your looking for performance and durability. In the toyota flavor stay away from the dual friction as its track record is not as good as the II.

If it's in behind a 4banger, i say get a Sachs stocker, MAYBE one with a LITTLE more grab and be done. Your leg will thank you. 84toyota4x4 can attest to a centerforce clutch making his leg dead after a day. :fawkdancesmiley:

Screw stockers and if your leg gets tired from a whimpy toyota centerforce clutch--well ***** legs comes to mind.

the crash man has spoken...any thing worth building is worth over building

so, i think the previous owner of my runner changed out the engines...i dont think its the stock one....is there any way of telling what year the motor is? i just want to be sure before i order anything

Center force all the way. No more presser that stock. If your leg can't push that in maybe get your wife to do it.
Duel fiction is the only way to go. Had them behind engines with both low and high HP with no issues for years.

no. been running one in my 4runner for years. its about done now..time to change it. no extra pedal effort.
wait, is 84toyota4x4 a girl? that would make more sense.:haha:

Screw stockers and if your leg gets tired from a whimpy toyota centerforce clutch--well ***** legs comes to mind.
yes, this.