• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reman injectors

Did you not look at my link? It was 500 dollars for all 8 from Geoff...

Looked at the link but it did not say each or set so I thought I would ask. This is my first diesel truck so I am still learning. I know some but not as much as I want to know. 500 sounds damn good to me and if it would be down for a week then thats fine by me.:awesomework:

A guy from work also said to check out H&H in Fife. Anyone delt with them? The dealer was 174 after core charge per injector. Not too bad I dont think. Need to be cheap as with a 7 month old and another on the way the wife wont be working for some time and moneys are tight.

Alliant Power is another you can get injectors from....and their NEW (not remans) aren't but just a few bucks more than factory remans... IIRC I believe Alliant is a supplier for Ford, but don't quote me...do a little research on it.:awesomework:

What bad experience did you have? :corn:

I don't even have a truck let alone a diesel.....I don't know ****..... Pay no attention to the short guy in the corner.:eeek:

Alliant Power is another you can get injectors from....and their NEW (not remans) aren't but just a few bucks more than factory remans... IIRC I believe Alliant is a supplier for Ford, but don't quote me...do a little research on it.:awesomework:

I believe you are correct Kevin. A nice set of AC's (new stage 1's) costs around 1500-1800 IIRC.

Last edited:

That the plan down the road.......a long time down the road. Wife will not be working as of April so I am trying to save some cash. When the remans start to **** then I will look at getting NEW ones.

It's ok to lead horses....unless you're from Enumclaw....

Have no knowledge of cummins stuff from Pensacola but any Ford Injector story I've seen has been- Buy 8, send 4 back for new ones, send two more of those back, and then another one... They do eventually get you 8 working injectors after 4 or more send backs but I'll pass on that headache thanks....

I'm glad you had good luck with your cummins pump...but we're talking Ford Injectors here. Very different systems. But you knew that....

Signs of blow by ain't injector problems......

Well it may also have been the heads but those are now rebuilt. I was also told that stock injectors were only good for 150-180k? I dont know how true that is. Again this is my first diesel truck so I am still learning. Kinda jumping in the deep end by getting one to put back together:redneck:

Do you know the history of this truck? I also agree blowby is not caused by heads/injectors...blowby will be from worn rings...X2 on doing a compression test. Or once running, you can do a quick and dirty test for a 'dusted' engine (rings wiped out by dirty air being ingested...fairly common on these with no regular maintenance, or a poor quality/ bad sealing filter was used...)...
With reg maintenance, I have seen stock injectors go well over 200K, but I have also seen 'em puke with less than 100K...

SLIPPY, keep your comments on track with the thread...I've deleted your last post due to rude comment.

FWIW- the earlier injectors (AA's mostly) seem to last longer than later Super Duty (AD) injectors. More than one person has commented the same... Like they made a switch in material used for the bodies at some point and the bodies get worn faster to the point where they are not rebuildable. Another reason to go with a reman that uses YOUR cores....

Do you know the history of this truck? I also agree blowby is not caused by heads/injectors...blowby will be from worn rings...X2 on doing a compression test. Or once running, you can do a quick and dirty test for a 'dusted' engine (rings wiped out by dirty air being ingested...fairly common on these with no regular maintenance, or a poor quality/ bad sealing filter was used...)...
With reg maintenance, I have seen stock injectors go well over 200K, but I have also seen 'em puke with less than 100K...

SLIPPY, keep your comments on track with the thread...I've deleted your last post due to rude comment.

Compression test was done before the heads were rebuilt and came out good. Still do not have it together as I have to get rocker bolts and the damn things cost an arm and a leg. Need to find some less costly ones. Once I have it going I plan on runnin it with the injectors that are in it until I have the money or until they just need fixin.

Latest posts