• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reman injectors

NotSoPC

I know some dont like reman but I am a bit stapped for cash. I dont want a big horse deal just stock DD and tow rig. Was looking into getting some remans and down the road a couple years look into getting some better ones when money is better. The truck is a 97 7.3 rebuilt but has the stock injectors with 237K om them. What is a good cheap way to go?

i have had good luck with this companie but only dealt with the 4.3 Chevy injector spider. half the price of new and worked perfectly.

Don't know how much you're wanting to spend, but here's one option. http://www.doitrightinjection.com/fordinjectors.html

^^GTS did mine- That's who I would have suggested as well. You'll have to take the truck down for a few days because he will reman YOUR injectors. He will tell you if the cores are no good also. Mine had 170k give or take and they were well within tolerance. The good thing about GTS is that he doesn't take cores so you're not getting someone elses worn out injectors that were remanned. You're getting your own injectors back. The guy knows his way around a PSD injector and has reasonable prices for turning them into stage 1's...If you're looking for a good boost in power without having to do a bunch of supporting mods then stage ones will run well in your 97. I run them on the stock fuel pump with a 17* Hpop from a super duty and no intercooler.. You'll need gauges though to keep an eye on things...

A guy from work also said to check out H&H in Fife. Anyone delt with them? The dealer was 174 after core charge per injector. Not too bad I dont think. Need to be cheap as with a 7 month old and another on the way the wife wont be working for some time and moneys are tight.

you'll be just fine with reman injectors. h&h in fife is a very good shop. i heard they can test your injectors for $20 each, i was gonna do mine but just bought new/reman ones instead. ebay has great deals on injectors too.

We have used H&H a few times and have no complaints (Never 7.3 injectors though).

Just for shits and grins call Cascadia Intl to see what the get for a set. They are much cheaper than going through Ford dealers.

That is all..........................:boobies3:

h&h . they did mine and she runns like a top . need new glowplugs now , lol , she hates to start , havent started her in 6 months ,lol .. gotta plug her in for about 3 days then shell fire up ...

h&h . they did mine and she runns like a top . need new glowplugs now , lol , she hates to start , havent started her in 6 months ,lol .. gotta plug her in for about 3 days then shell fire up ...

Got new glow plugs in mine:awesomework: Will call H&H and look at e-bay but I am not too big on e-bay stuff.

I've noticed that a lot of people that aren't in the "diesel world" go to H&H.. Never heard a complaint about them, but I wonder why people who mod them as a hobby don't seem to use them?

Geoff is good with the powerstroke injectors though. He's been playing with those motors for quite a while.. He's got the first modified 7.3 I ever came across.

Check out Rosewoods, he will rebuild and go to stage 1 for 500. You have to send in yours first for that price. Price can go up if any other parts need to be replaced. Search it or go to powerstrokenation.com to find it.

First thing- RUN, DON'T WALK, AWAY from pensacola diesel unless you want nothing but problems...

2nd- 174 per injector after core at the dealer? Are you nuts? That's $1392.00 at the dealer to get a stock injector back when you've already stated you have no issues with yours.... You'd be spending almost $1400 to get nowhere....

If you can have the truck down for a maybe a week i'd highly recommend GTS...Sure his main job now is selling mortgages, but he's got one of the highest HP 7.3's in the NW at 700+ on spray. He BUILT his truck. He worked for years at Seattle injector building their 7.3 injectors and still does on a part time basis I think which gives him access to their flow bench. Rosewood doesn't have a flow bench...he has a test bench. Realistically, GTS has one of the best options around money wise and quality wise.

Check out Rosewoods, he will rebuild and go to stage 1 for 500. You have to send in yours first for that price. Price can go up if any other parts need to be replaced. Search it or go to powerstrokenation.com to find it.

500? is that per injector or for all 8?

First thing- RUN, DON'T WALK, AWAY from pensacola diesel unless you want nothing but problems...

2nd- 174 per injector after core at the dealer? Are you nuts? That's $1392.00 at the dealer to get a stock injector back when you've already stated you have no issues with yours.... You'd be spending almost $1400 to get nowhere....

If you can have the truck down for a maybe a week i'd highly recommend GTS...Sure his main job now is selling mortgages, but he's got one of the highest HP 7.3's in the NW at 700+ on spray. He BUILT his truck. He worked for years at Seattle injector building their 7.3 injectors and still does on a part time basis I think which gives him access to their flow bench. Rosewood doesn't have a flow bench...he has a test bench. Realistically, GTS has one of the best options around money wise and quality wise.

The injectors in my truck have 237K on them and are on there way out. I do not know how bad they are as I have yet to drive the truck and am still putting the topend back together. Should have it driving this sunday. I dont want to step up to stage 1 as I dont want to build this truck for high power just a driver and light tow rig as the zuki is light for this truck. $174 per sounded good cause all the others I am finding are $250+ after core.

500? is that per injector or for all 8?

The injectors in my truck have 237K on them and are on there way out. I do not know how bad they are as I have yet to drive the truck and am still putting the topend back together. Should have it driving this sunday. I dont want to step up to stage 1 as I dont want to build this truck for high power just a driver and light tow rig as the zuki is light for this truck. $174 per sounded good cause all the others I am finding are $250+ after core.

Did you not look at my link? It was 500 dollars for all 8 from Geoff...