• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Replace 2.0 with 2.5?

Nathan08

I am currently running Fox 2.0 air shocks on all four corners of my cab truck now, a buddy of mine crawled up on the back tire of my truck and slid off of the tire and hit the shock and bent it. The main shaft is bent and hopefully that is it. I know that coil overs would be the best, but it is just not in the budget now. My question is do any of you guys think I should go ahead and upgrade the rears to 2.5 instead of the 2.0? to help reduce the body roll? I do not run sway bars, but it is not a big issue once I got used to the mannerism. Has anyone ever ran 2.5 in the rear and 2.0 in the front? And if you have did it effect the way it twisted up? Truck weighs about 4800 lbs. its tubed back Toyota cab and front clip with an exo with a LS1. Thanks for any input guys.

I ran 2.0 in the rear aild 2.5 in the front on my old rig. After tuning the shocks and getting the oil/nitrogen mix right I liked it pretty good.

That's exactly what I would do is put the 2.5 in the front and 2.0 in the rear and if you get the weights off of each corner they can probably get you pretty close on the valving.But coilovers aren't much more than 2.5s

Thanks for the input guys. I will get a corner to corner weight before I order. I will look at the price difference of the 2.5 to the coil-overs though. If it's just a few hundred more to go that route I might just save up and go that way.