• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Replacement Hub

Rubigoddess

Ok, I'm putting myself out there to get ridiculed, but oh well!

I am looking to get my Boyfriend an replacement hub for one that he broke. How do I go about knowing what kind of a hub is needed?

Are all hubs created equal? :redneck:

Rubigoddess said:
Ok, I'm putting myself out there to get ridiculed, but oh well!

I am looking to get my Boyfriend an replacement hub for one that he broke. How do I go about knowing what kind of a hub is needed?

Are all hubs created equal? :redneck:

hOW ABOUT some vehicle specs :;

crash said:
hOW ABOUT some vehicle specs :;

That would probably help huh? Well, here's what i KNOW for sure........its an 83 Scrambler, 4" lift runs 33" tires. I dont know the axle size or anything like that........do i need to know that?

Ok--then go get a pair of warn premium hubs---for a dana 30 if its OEM front diff--otherwise you need to do a lil get info outa him.:D But in any case a pair of warn premium hubs will fix him right up (as long as its a hub and not a wheel hub)

Well, assuming you mean the hub lockout (that locks the front end in for 4WD), as apposed to the actual hub, and assuming it has the stock front axle, I'd say you need a Dana30 5-bolt external hub. They come in pairs for somewhere in the $100 area. You probly should get Warn premiums. Any parts store can order them, or looky here http://www.nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181.

Edit: shutup Crash I started typing first :haha:

Rubigoddess said:
This is the best advice yet!

No seriously, its the hub lock that you turn when you are putting it into four wheel drive.

nICE shiney pair of warn hubs will do it nicely :;

You just gotta make sure you know what diff is under the front..

And if you are still not sure post a picture of the front axle or one that we can see the axle and then we will tell you what is in there. :; That way you won't have to ask the BF and let on that you are getting him something.

While we are on this subject, Warn Vs. Mile Marker? What is the best, I've heard people swear on both of them.

Jaydog said:
While we are on this subject, Warn Vs. Mile Marker? What is the best, I've heard people swear on both of them.

Both are ok :;

Its like tires--boils down to personal prefernce. Myself I have only ran warns on the dana stuff with no problems...

Jaydog said:

I've heard people swear at both of them :haha: :haha:

Rubigoddess said:
Do I really wanna do Warn?

I dunno--is he a nice guy :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Sorry--had to :;

But yes go with warn and you just gotta look for dana 30 external hubs.

But use google to search for the hubs or look at the link that crusty put up..

Latest posts