• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

retread tire?

I would run them for that price. I know on semi's they are not aloud to run retreads on the front, because they do come apart sometimes, so if I did a lot of highway driving I probabley would not run them on my front end.

I talked to an old jeeper that said he used to get his tires recapped with AG tread, he said they worked awesome.

I would run them for that price. I know on semi's they are not aloud to run retreads on the front, because they do come apart sometimes, so if I did a lot of highway driving I probabley would not run them on my front end.QUOTE]

Alot of that is cause of the weight pushing on the tire in corners and such. Would be fine on a pick-up. I ran recaps on an S-10 for years and with as many times as I slid it into corners I never saw any issues with the tred.

. I know on semi's they are not aloud to run retreads on the front, because they do come apart sometimesQUOTE]

Semi's can legally run retreads but none of them do, the only people not allowed to run retreads on steer tires are school buses and public transportation.

A few months back they did a review on retread tires in petersons. They seemed to be good but ide worry about how long the cap is going to stay on. Its kinda wierd thou because we have had customers bring retread snow tires in and wanted them mounted and we cant for some reason:eeek: but they are about 20 years old.

Semi's can legally run retreads but none of them do, the only people not allowed to run retreads on steer tires are school buses and public transportation.

I am pretty sure semi's are not aloud to run retreads on the front axle in this state I know of more than one trucking company that runs retreads on there non steer axles.

Here in town at the truck shop I worked at we had retreads put on the steer tires all the time....

I don't know what kind of ghetto shop you worked at but if recaps go on the steer axle of an OTR truck dot wll nai u toa cross and you will be changing them before that truck moves again..

Do you have a link to the law for caps on steer axles? From what I understood it was public trans. and buses that cant LEGALLY run caps for steer tires and that LEGALLY semis could run caps but its just a stupid idea since they have a higher chance of coming apart.

From what I have heard about tread right, they ask you when you order what case you want the tires to be on, and that they try their best to send a matching set of four.

On a semi the steers aren't under as much stress as the rears. If you have a good casing and only do one cap on them they're fine for steer tires. Generally you start seeing them de-laminate when they're on their 2nd or 3rd re-cap.

On a semi the steers aren't under as much stress as the rears. If you have a good casing and only do one cap on them they're fine for steer tires. Generally you start seeing them de-laminate when they're on their 2nd or 3rd re-cap.

Really? Basic math tells me differently... Standard GVW is 12k for steers and 34k for drives. Divide 12k by2 and you get 6k per tire. Now take 34k divided by 8 and you get 4250 per tire. Steers have to be tough to not only provide braking and to hold more weight but to live through being loaded sideways while turning.

I'd run treadwrights on my big flatbed 5th wheeltrailer but I'll stick with surplus hummer tires for the same price and a 3850 lb capacity. :D