• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reusable hydro fittings

the term is called a swedge. but yes the reusable fitting shown above use a swedge type design.

greenshields in everett. or any good hyd supply or on line mcmasters and carr

The only downfall I see is that the fitting's cost way more than crimp, and as far as hydro, you can only use single jacket hose.

when I worked at the rock quary, those reusable "repair" fittings were a big NO NO.
I have always been told to stay away from them. dont know why?

I used to buy alot of hydraulic lines (3/8) from boeing surplus and they had those ends on them. I still have a bunch of them in my fitting drawer. they were on 4000psi 3/8 gates hose most of the time.

nobody else seems to have had a problem here, though:eeek: I dont know why the boss hated them so much.

when I worked at the rock quary, those reusable "repair" fittings were a big NO NO.
I have always been told to stay away from them. dont know why?

I used to buy alot of hydraulic lines (3/8) from boeing surplus and they had those ends on them. I still have a bunch of them in my fitting drawer. they were on 4000psi 3/8 gates hose most of the time.

nobody else seems to have had a problem here, though:eeek: I dont know why the boss hated them so much.

You have to use them with the correct hose. If you try to stick them on the wrong hose they could fail. The fittings themselves far exceed the rating of the hose itself..

The reason most bosses mine included don't like them is sometimes they don't get them all the way tightened and you get a hydro shower. and a big mess. We use them on our trucks no problem.

If you need some for my buggy just tell me what you need and I'll mail it to you.

All the cool **** comes from:
Williams Oil Filter Service of Tacoma Inc
1247 Puyallup Ave
Tacoma, WA 98421
(253) 627-8163

I just seen this on the Everett Hydraulics website. :cool:
http://www.everetthydraulics.com/EZY-Lift%20Main%20Page.htm
image007.jpg