• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ride height?

Thanks for replying fellows! I just wanted to know wt everyone's overall height was and belly. The shocks will def get tuned goin to a 14 inch coilovers in frnt and 16 airs in back. Wheelbase is 115 on 39's with tons! She just looked tall when aired up been awhile since I've seen one together

muddinmetal said:
It is not hard to make the rear of a vehicle flex. Leaf springs flex like crazy in the rear usually. Honestly, if your rear suspension is too soft (air shocks!) the front will stop flexing as well as it does now. I have found rigs always work better and are more stable when the rear is set up to make the front work if that makes any sense

Yup makes sense.
I trust and value the input, but it's one of those situations where I gotta try to see what it'll do, ya know?? This is my first "real" rig and I'm building and fabbing as I go and trying to figure out all the good and bad so when I do go to a full on tube chassis I have some experience with what I should do.
I'm a learn by trying and doing kinda guy...not that I don't trust folks who have been there and done that, but my ass pucker meter may be set different than someone else's and I gotta figure out what works for me.
Appreciate the input tho!!

Thanks! I can't take any credit my buddy did all design and fab I'm pretty much shop bitch!! I told him wt I had in mind and he took off.. I just grind and weld

roll over dave said:
I thought bout doin a build thread but all I have is a damn iPhone to upload pics and no name for it yet

Use Tapatalk to upload your pics off the iPhone. Tapatalk is a pain for most things nowadays, but it uploads pictures like a mofo.

I got photo bucket I'll start a build thread if any interest. Might be slow and shitty pics but new builds allways fun look at. I hardly have any money in this build it was a spur moment decision after my divorce

20" belly
66" top of chassis
6.5" shaft showing
Very stable I love it way more than my first buggy
And photo bucket is 100% the way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

116" WB
74" roof height
19" belly

now sits a tad taller due to the 43" stickies being bigger than the 42" sx2s that came off.

The other ting to consider is where the drivetrain sits. To me, a little taller roof line and seat height doesn't make much difference in center of gravity height. But it makes a big difference in visibility and comfort. If you have a back seat, the rear upper links will make that desision for you, because you run out of moves real quick.

My belly is about 21"
Roof is 80"
Wheelbase is 120"
Transfer case is clocked flat and sitting 1/2" off the skid plate.
16" coilovers with 7 to 7.5" shaft showing. Figure you only really have 15" before the limit straps hit.

I see guys building buggies with the seats on the skid plate and the drivetrain a foot off the belly. They look cool, but it makes me wonder.

Latest posts