• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Riding tonight... Beehive to Blewett Pass

NotMatt

Well, not QUITE to Blewett Pass, but we could see the road.

mthompson223 and snowboarder2359 (Mike and Brandon) went with me. It was dusty, I killed the Husky once and it was a ****er trying to restart it hot. :(

Last edited:
You suck matt :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

Ahh- to be young :awesomework:

You suck matt :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

Ahh- to be young :awesomework:

Bah, youth is overrated.... my dad just turned 60. We put him on an XT225 and he putted up the Chiwawa River Valley and through the Mad River trail a few weekends ago. He lost count after dropping the bike 6 times though, he said. :D

That is a kick ass area! :awesomework: my fav trail is tompsons(SP) ridge and then back up devils gulch fun fun:cool:

That is a kick ass area! :awesomework: my fav trail is tompsons(SP) ridge and then back up devils gulch fun fun:cool:

You're thinking of Tronsen Ridge, right? Haven't been up there yet, maybe that will be the next ride. We were up there really close, we almost went down the Tronsen Meadow (1205) trail, but my rear tire needs replacing and I wasn't too confident on the Husky yet, so we skipped that and went around a loop and back down.

I want to get some trips in before winter gets here... maybe through the end of October for riding.

I hope the near future brings me a dual sport. I think I am done with the YZ.

I would love to head out from home and explore the mountains for a weekend in the dirt on a bike.

Yeah, a bike would be good... just fine..any suggestions for a good enduro for a guy that's 6'4'' and 250#s? And who ain't made of $$?
That depends entirely on where and how you plan to ride, and how much experience you have. If you're looking for a dual sport, a DRZ400S would probably be a good choice, they've been around for a while, so you should be able to come across one for a fair price used. They seem to hover around 3500 on Craigslist. You'll probably have to make some adjustments to just about any bike to fit your height as far as bars/seat/pegs go. If you're going to get really serious probably have to look into some suspension work for your weight.

Last edited:
That depends entirely on where and how you plan to ride, and how much experience you have. If you're looking for a dual sport, a DRZ400S would probably be a good choice, they've been around for a while, so you should be able to come across one for a fair price used. They seem to hover around 3500 on Craigslist. You'll probably have to make some adjustments to just about any bike to fit your height as far as bars/seat/pegs go. If you're going to get really serious probably have to look into some suspension work for your weight.

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I'm pretty much an ogre. I've ridden lots of different bikes, I always end up lookin like a preying mantis on the little ones. My brother in law has an Adventure S that's all tricked out and I lust after it. but realistically it may be too much bike for my skills--and too much $ for my wallet--cuz dirt ridin still pretty new to me. Most of my experience is on FLH type bikes in Montana, although we were livin' 15 miles from the nearest pavement! I guess I just need to look around.