• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rieter for a novice??

rooneypower

What trails/ roads do you suggest i do with a stock jeep cherokee.
It has no lift, only thing that makes it bigger than stock is 30" tires.
I am basically a greenie when it comes to offroading (only have gone once or twice) and what can i do trail/ road wise and still come home under my own power?

i was planning on going up this friday with 3 or 4 other jeeps.
Just wonderin of i had any options to choose from....

i was planning on going up this friday with 3 or 4 other jeeps.
Just wonderin of i had any options to choose from....

Upper powerlines is perfect to just pop around.

Head down the main paved road past the first staging area---the road will go down and then start to head back up. You will see a lil turn off to the left that drops down and there is a creek there--don't take that one but at that point start looking for another turnoff maybe 1000' past that on the left also. turn there and that will take you up the power lines.....

i really appriciate all the info....

i was looking at a topo map of reiter and i saw when you continue up the main road onto ??deer flats?? and im guessing right before the wall trail there is a ??road?? that goes up to a ??radio tower?? is it gated or what. is there any other places for me to get dirty but not broken??

Thanks again

A novice driver in a stocker rig is not the same as a seasoned wheeler in a stocker rig.

Stick to the powerline "trails". It'll be more than fun for you and your group on Friday.

i really appriciate all the info....

i was looking at a topo map of reiter and i saw when you continue up the main road onto ??deer flats?? and im guessing right before the wall trail there is a ??road?? that goes up to a ??radio tower?? is it gated or what. is there any other places for me to get dirty but not broken??

Thanks again

That road up to the tower is just a dirt road.

alright let me rephrase that..

**a stock unlocked cherokee that is a daily driver wouldnt make it to the bridge:redneck:

sorry buddy. stock height, no lift, lockers, gears. nothin. 31" bfg MT's. and a 5 speed. word. drive it to work everyday for the past year and plan to keep on doin it. :kiss:

okay, so that was offtopic :flipoff:

sorry buddy. stock height, no lift, lockers, gears. nothin. 31" bfg MT's. and a 5 speed. word. drive it to work everyday for the past year and plan to keep on doin it. :kiss:

okay, so that was offtopic :flipoff:

lets go up izzy this weekend then! ohh this will be fun to watch!:fawkdancesmiley:

lets go up izzy this weekend then! ohh this will be fun to watch!:fawkdancesmiley:

He could if he wanted to, but he's building a g-machine so hes busy. That and the pricey collection of parts for his zuk is keeping him close to home. If ya want i could drag him out with me and we could do izzy.

He could if he wanted to, but he's building a g-machine so hes busy. That and the pricey collection of parts for his zuk is keeping him close to home. If ya want i could drag him out with me and we could do izzy.

yeah im down..i still havnt even gone all the way up it yet. last time i was up there i was on 31's and was struggling after the bridge so we turned around:rolleyes:

the road goes futher than the wall trail correct??
wut is up that way? ive seen topo maps of a bunch of roads up there??