• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rieter for a novice??

so i went up yesterday afternoon and it was really fun!! didnt break anything (thank god:cheer: ) We did some "hill" climbing under the powerlines and goofed off around the main area of the parking lot.

About an hour later me and my friends decited to go up reiter road to see what was up there.. I would say about 3 miles up from the parking lot (main lot) (just after all the twistys that the road makes and where it climbs up the hill) there was a huge road off to our left... We took it. This was a pritty big road. Just about big enough to put 2 XJ side by side. (we were going on what this one guy in the lot said was a pritty easy trail and had a great view) so we continued up this road... Maybe about 2 miles up was a huge pit (looked as if it was part of reiter at one time???) that was filled with dirt. Trucks were climbing up and down these hills...(do you know where im talking about yet???) Once we got to that place we turned around (but the road continued, I had a GPS with me and we figured it was an old loging road???) and went down about 1/2 a mile and there was a really steep trail on the left side of this road. (left side if coming up road, right side if coming down it) This is the one the guy was talking about. So we went down it and it was really really steep. Was a very narrow trail also. (when i say narrow i mean one of the trails where it looks as if you are driving down a dry river bed with 20 foot was of dirt on each side) It continued this way for about 100 yards and then boooom! you were on the side of a huge hill, exposed.... You could see the whole of reiter. It was amazing. We were under the power lines now. It was now less steep but got more technical (at least i thought it was) with more off camber hills, and the first was kinda of nerve racking because we had stock XJ's with 30" tires and on these camber hills they leaned out towards the side of the hill. They wernt as hard as we thought but they did bottom out our tires and in some places, we were on 3 wheels in some places. My GPS said we were going down in elevation pritty quickly and you could tell. Later down the trail, we ran into 1 of 3 river crossings. The first was the deepest at around door height on our XJ's and the other 2 were really fun to go through. Then all of a sudden we popped out onto the road we went up about an hour ago. I looked at my GPS and we basically did a short cut down the mountain. So my main thing is this, what the hell did we do? Does it have a name?? Where does that main road we were on before we left it for the trail go? (the one with the old rock quarry pit, The loging road???) Is it an open trail?

Try to provide details if you need them. I guess i could try to get my GPS coordinates on a map and get a pic up on this to show you what im talking about??

Thanks.

The first road you were on was the road that leads up to wall trail. Its not a trail its just a logging road. You ended up going down the power lines...

There will be a fork you'd take a right on. (right after big rock on right) Then you'd come to the start of the trail (straight ahead, not the radio tower gravel road off to the right) Lots of deep, a foot or so, water holes in the beginning of the trail.

why did tight ass close? Any pics of it. can you run the roads up to tight ass and past it.. What do you think of the powerline trail that i took down is that something to hit again. (i liked it)

why did tight ass close? Any pics of it. can you run the roads up to tight ass and past it.. What do you think of the powerline trail that i took down is that something to hit again. (i liked it)

Silt was getting into the streams. The road to the wall runs past the entrance to tight ass I believe. Why does it matter what we think of the trail? If you had fun then go run it again. Just go explore the area...