• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rieter in the herald

shrtscrplr

GOLD BAR -- People who like off-road vehicles likely will get a test run later this summer of what riding at Reiter Foothills could be.

The state Department of Natural Resources is planning to open about two miles of trails for motorcycle and all-terrain vehicle riders in August. The exact days are still up in the air.

"There are a lot of variables," said Ben Cleveland, regional manager for the Northwest Region.

Natural Resources staff this month began developing 35 miles of trails on the 2,000 acres between Index and Gold Bar. Half of the property will be developed for use by four-wheelers and dirt bikes. The rest will be set aside for hikers, mountain bikers and horseback riders.

Crews have removed trees, excavated and widened trails for motor use. Work also been completed on a temporary parking lot and widening Deer Flats Road.

The state agency has completed a quarter-mile of trail and expects to completing another 1.4-mile loop by July.

The state expects to spend about $3.6 million at Reiter Foothills.

On Tuesday, Peter Goldmark, state commissioner of public lands, was given a tour of the work.

The project at Reiter Foothills is unique in all Washington State, he said.

"It's better to build it right and make it sustainable," Goldmark said.
:awesomework:

Its a start :awesomework:

I personally don't care about the bike area but its a sign of things moving forward for all the hard work thats gone into the project...

On Tuesday, Peter Goldmark, state commissioner of public lands, was given a tour of the work.

The project at Reiter Foothills is unique in all Washington State, he said.

"It's better to build it right and make it sustainable," Goldmark said.

:eeek::haha::puke:

Crews have removed trees, excavated and widened trails for motor use. :puke:

but at least its a start.

I saw it on the news. Only thing that irks me is they don't mention any of the volunteer hours that you guys and alot of other groups (probably?) have put in to make this happen. They also only keep mentioning bikes and ATVs and no 4x4 use.

I made a mile and half of new trails yesterday. Took a farmall cub and about a gallon gas.

Free firewood is so much cheaper than ORV trails.

Wow...that's impressive...2+ years of work, thousands of $$$, countless hours from volunteers and they can open a couple of miles of dirtbike trail.

:masturbanana[1]:

Glad everyone is up to date on what it took and why. :awesomework:

Remember it is a gate comming down. Thanks for all of the support for the people that are putting in the hours. Maybe your opinion will change when it afects your area.. I guess it is easy to sit on the outside and throw rocks.