• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rieter in the herald

I truely appreciate the efforts that the voluteers have put into this.

So far the results seem unsatisfactory, but if viewed as a "foot in the door" and just a piece of the puzzle working toward a better future then it is a good thing.

That said, I think that it is important to is important to keep an eye on the price tag and not let this project harm other areas by draining the NOVA funds.

I wish I was there to put in some on the ground time, but being stuck in London has put all plans on hold.

I joined this site not before the place was closed and saw allot of people bitching about it closing. They talked of how it was gone and would never be open again. Now that the hard work of others has gotten it to the point of starting to open ANY trails, some are still bitching. So it wont have the same trails, big deal. With the way this state is with Offroad use I am glad to see this happening. If you don't like it, don't use it. Stay home and bitch. This shows that we can make this happen and opens the door for it to be done again in other areas of the state.:awesomework:

Last edited:
That said, I think that it is important to is important to keep an eye on the price tag and not let this project harm other areas by draining the NOVA funds..
I really think that is the goal of everyone involved. Robbing peter to pay Paul isn

I think focusing our energy on alternative funding sources for development of areas is a great idea

I agree.

But in addition to that we cannot disregard our existing funding sources either.
If we demonstrate that we are willing to allow those to be easily dimished, that only emboldens the raiders of the next funding source.

You have ORV permits to backfill the capped ORV gas tax funds and then tripled ORV permit fees to backfill the diversion of ORV funds to nonmotorized use.

Additional, bureaucrats like to spend and without strict oversight spending of your scarce fund will always occure.

I hate to play negative nancy so often, but if you do not demand accountability you will frequently get screwed.

If we did not take the state to court over the 2009 NOVA theft it would have happened again this year. Instead they hosed the boaters out of $3.3M of their gas tax coin becuase they were seen as a softer target.

That said, stay positive (I secretly do), but demand preformance and accountability when you trust the government with your money.

Last edited:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

This is why just starting another wheeling area outside the system will fail. Its the old way and is not working anymore. Now we must deal with the DNR/FS and at some point a private parks will be the only way. I just hope that's not for a long time as it is hard to get one going in this state.

That said, stay positive (I secretly do), but demand preformance and accountability when you trust the government with your money.

Tod these are words to live by

Don't tear down others dreams to make you empire look bigger

Tod these are words to live by

Don't tear down others dreams to make you empire look bigger

No desire to build empires. Just doing what I can to promote and protect our sport.

Unfortunatley that sometimes requires pushing hard to make sure what is right happens. I hate it when we get played as gullible.

Happy trails.
I am halfway back from London and can't wait to turn some northwest dirt.

No desire to build empires. Just doing what I can to promote and protect our sport.

Unfortunatley that sometimes requires pushing hard to make sure what is right happens. I hate it when we get played as gullible.

Happy trails.

There is no dirt---just mud right now :awesomework:

Happy trails.

But sometimes as you talk you don't know the entire story and only give punch lines out of it. Sometimes you need to stand back and look at the entire picture. You posting about government spending and the need to stop the BS came out right after the grants and you saw the Reiter grant. No one involved with Reiter wants to "hurt" other areas or funding for them. But you come out and make it look that way.

I would appreciate if you could focus your energy towards the building of areas by suggesting alternative ideas to funding and give input in those directions. Building allies and working on ways to get the DNR capitol request approved will do more for ORV than NOVA will ever. I personally thing that the ground work has been set that we have the support to make this happen. I think another 10 million dollars dumped into the ORV account will benefit all areas more and also give DNR the funds to proceed with projects that they have underway. My personal feelings are that we should focus our energy on getting an assessment to cover all of the grants that are in the NOVA program this cycle.

Let

But sometimes as you talk you don't know the entire story and only give punch lines out of it. Sometimes you need to stand back and look at the entire picture. You posting about government spending and the need to stop the BS came out right after the grants and you saw the Reiter grant. No one involved with Reiter wants to "hurt" other areas or funding for them. But you come out and make it look that way.

I would appreciate if you could focus your energy towards the building of areas by suggesting alternative ideas to funding and give input in those directions. Building allies and working on ways to get the DNR capitol request approved will do more for ORV than NOVA will ever. I personally thing that the ground work has been set that we have the support to make this happen. I think another 10 million dollars dumped into the ORV account will benefit all areas more and also give DNR the funds to proceed with projects that they have underway. My personal feelings are that we should focus our energy on getting an assessment to cover all of the grants that are in the NOVA program this cycle.

Let

Last edited:
I agree on alot of this.

The fact that the DNR did not lift a finger to opposed the $9.5m misappropriation in 2009 has me seriously concerned about their motives.

Post from 40,000 feet, dinner being served, I'll follow up in a bit.

OMFG

quick someone turn on a light for this guy................:eeek: