• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rimrock wa

86sasRunner

maybe a dumb question but I have a family camping trip to rimrock on the 6.17-6.19 I was wondering if there was any wheeling or dirtbiking around there? i would like to bring 1 or maybe both.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

http://nwjeepn.com/WAtrails.htm#rimrock

Here's some usefull info Talked about some closures going on south of the lakebed towards the Tieton river .

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/wenatchee/news/2010/07/06/index.shtml

The trails in the Rimrock Lake area are not for the novice off-roader. ANY of the trails that are listed as "More Difficult" can, and do, deteriorate to "Most Difficult" with changes in the season. Those listed as "Most Difficult" are designated as such due to their extreme hazardous conditions.

This area is known for very narrow trails, severe off-camber, and ridgeline trails that offer little or no protection for roll over and a long ride to the bottom if you mess up!

So, with all this in mind, make sure your equipment (Vehicle, recovery gear, communication) is up to the task and in good working order if you decide to take on these trails. DO NOT go alone!!! DO NOT go without recovery gear and be prepared (food, water, warm clothing) to spend a night on the trail if something goes wrong.

These warnings in mind, have fun, and have a safe trip.

This guy has alot of good vids at Rimrock must be a local
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eusNwwDerno&NR=1[/YT]

Last edited:
I agree with all that was said above.

We will be up there the same weekend and I am concerned with the snow. Many trails heads still have 1-2 feet of snow at them and only get deeper as you climb in elevation. So there will definatly be some snow wheeling coming up when the trails open :awesomework:

We were wondering if it will be even clear to get up Louis Way or not.

As others have mentioned, Rimrock can be very unforgiving. We've been stuck on the trail overnight due to deep snow over the 4th of July weekend.

Make sure someone in your group is familiar with the area. Due to the '**** happens' factor (especially this time of year), I'd recommend you have a minimum of 3 rigs and 4 would be better.

Thanks for the Info it may not be weekend to take the rig was hoping to get some wheelin in but it looks like I am stuck with the family at the lake. Thanks

Last edited:
dude that place looks wicked to wheel. i wanna go right now

But you must wait untill June 16 as the trail are part of a closure of the Entire Okonogan/Wenatchee National Forest.

Even then you will be able to only wheel the lower trails as the snow will exclude most people from the upper trails till after the 4th of July this year.

i will have to go back later this year it sounds. Plus my junk is still torn down after a motor face lift. does any one if there is any good dirt biking there?? i am checking thumper talk but so far i can not find any current info on it.

Thanks

i will have to go back later this year it sounds. Plus my junk is still torn down after a motor face lift. does any one if there is any good dirt biking there?? i am checking thumper talk but so far i can not find any current info on it.

Thanks

There is two bike trails that I know of up there. One is near Lost lake and it is not worth the time, it is to short to be any fun, and the other is across the Hwy up Wildcat Creek area. Ity is 8 miles long and runs the border of the wilderness area. It is the Russell Ridge trail #1111. I have not rode it yet plan on it soon.

Ya, don't ask for advice/directions on the internet, especially about wheeling on a wheeling website. I think there are some gardening sites that might have some good wheeling info.