• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rock Bouncing on a Budget?

BustedKnucklefilms

So what is the cheapest a full on rock bouncing buggy can be built for? Is a sub 15k rock bouncer even possible?

Should I buy a jeep or truck with nice parts, then build a chassis and swap the parts into it?

Or are there buggies out there on the market for 15k? I haven't seen any.

Looking for something not too crazy with a SBC 350, auto, 60/14bolt, tube chassis, coilovers, etc.

My Solid Axle Tacoma has been gone for 2 months and I am itching to get back behind the wheel. :driving:

Thoughts?

Man there isn't anything cheap about Rock Bouncing :****:

You should look into a jimmy smith buggy with the parts you listed. You should be able to get a pretty good buggy for around 18k-20k. I know thats more than what you said but I just don't see finding one any cheaper.
The expensive part is keeping it up after you trash it on the weekends.

Oh yeah and one more thing make sure you put a HP60 up front don't waste your time with a LP60 it won't last rock bouncing!!

Thanks Cole.

I know this sport isnt cheap. Hell it wasnt cheap when I was crawling....

I am looking at a very well built jeep with all the parts for a buggy on it, hopefully I can get it for cheap and slap everything into a chassis. If not and I am going to have 20k into one, Ill just wait for a good one to come up for sale and just buy one. :****:

JR's tan bullet was bout the cheapest bouncer around... all he needed was a chassis but it did well in its current form so yes they can be had on the cheap!

Attachments

• 0925001527a.jpg
    0925001527a.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 279
Rokcrler said:
JR's tan bullet was bout the cheapest bouncer around... all he needed was a chassis but it did well in its current form so yes they can be had on the cheap!

Damn that was a fun day! :****:

paid less than that for mine.

Attachments

• newbuggy1.jpg
    newbuggy1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,351
I've been in the sport for a while now and ik from experience I've built sold built sold bought sold etc. From my past if you can afford it matt buy one that you like and fits you "parts wise and comfort" there is no cheap build I'm in process of building another one now and wish I could afford to buy one rtr, cheaper that way! No headache or worries if you buy it. If you are looking to build a chassis and put parts in it always figure in your materials and plumbing all the small **** adds up quick
If you are looking for a parts donor rig hit up racejeep "mason boren" he has my old yota truggy cheap!!! Tons linked new 42s Irocks
Anyways buy a rig if you can afford it and upgrade to make it a rockbouncer just my .02 cents

I think building a nice rig on a budget it totally doable...just have to be patient for the deals and be flexible on ur choices...use paint instead of chrome....300hp not 500hp....if ur in a hurry and want it now....get ur wallet out but patience is a virtue....I don't have alot in my buggy, I bought the chassis used and picked axles outta the pick and pull...collected parts for 2 years when I found deals on them and finally put it all together...but the little stuff will nickle and dime ya....I spent 1000$ the last 2 weeks of my buggy build at napa everday on the way home from work on little **** like brake lines/hoses....plumbing, wiring etc. Ya can't build everything

Rokcrler said:

Bout the cheapest bouncer out there...

It is usually cheaper to buy one done that someone is going to take a loss on. Lets face it its like a hot rod you can put big money and lots of hours in one but you rarely get what you got in them back out of them. Find one that is like what you want or close to it and then change a little bit here and there on it between rides to make it yours and exactly what you want. Thats my .02

"ROCK BOUNCING"....and "BUDGET".... have NO BUSINESS even being in the same sentence together :****:

SORRY.....just sayin

zukiscott said:
"ROCK BOUNCING"....and "BUDGET".... have NO BUSINESS even being in the same sentence together :****:

SORRY.....just sayin

This is the truth. If you are going to drive like that it will never be budget. If you just want a rock bouncer to put around and video other people like Cole, then you will be fine :flipoff1:

Matt O. said:
This is the truth. If you are going to drive like that it will never be budget. If you just want a rock bouncer to put around and video other people like Cole, then you will be fine :flipoff1:

Haha, it's a lot cheaper that way!!

Latest posts