• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rock Bouncing on a Budget?

While the dollars are fresh on my mind, (Bloody Mary not my money but it was my blood sweat and tears).

Here is a quick run down of parts some are rounded up/down dollars (so don't ask where I got something for that cheap)

2800.00 frame from Jimmy Smith (we did our own, won't do it again :eek:
1000.00 for tube
400 for seats
150 for harnesses
1000 for motor (this will greatly depend on hp, more hp more money.....ask Timmy)
2400 tires
1000 wheels
1800 coilovers
1000 links (we got a deal on 2" 7075, that deal is long past, but can still get cromo made for good deal)
600 hiems
600 misc tabs/metal
600 shifters
400 trans
400 transfer
1500 for cucv axles
1200 for lockers or cheaper to get spools or just weld them
600 upgraded outer shafts for front

I think that adds up to 18,050 or so give or take a few hundred. I've left out the countless orders to speedway for ss hoses, brake lines, fittings etc.

Oh and powder coat, cheapest found is 600.00 or you can paint yourself.
And don't forget all the welding, grinding, and countless hours of scratching your head on what to do next. Can't put a price on that.

So all that being said..........Find somebody that is tired of riding, tired of their buggy, having a baby, getting a divorce or just plain tired and buy their 40-50k buggy for 20k.

zukiscott said:
"ROCK BOUNCING"....and "BUDGET".... have NO BUSINESS even being in the same sentence together :****:

SORRY.....just sayin

It is the same as racing. You can pick one.

FAST or CHEAP

No way to have both! molaugh

Matt O. said:
This is the truth. If you are going to drive like that it will never be budget. If you just want a rock bouncer to put around and video other people like Cole, then you will be fine :flipoff1:

Speaking from experience I take it since I can't remember you ever being able to keep your **** together. :flipoff1:

Id love to buy that Jeep buggy linked but 19k is out of my price range right now.

I found a 9k Jeep with Tons, coilovers, v8, etc. I think Im going to buy it. Once I get tired of beating on it, Ill get a chassis and swap everything over.
I think the 15k budget bouncer is possible. We will just have to wait and see. :dblthumb:

BUG-E J said:
paid less than that for mine.

I sold this one and yes it can be done!
I bought a pos jeep with all those parts for $6500
Sold everything I didn't need for $2000
Started the build with $4500 in......
motor already on propane,trans,dual transfer cases,60f with 35spline outters,70r with Yukon axles
new 44tsl's on beadlocks and reused front and rear driveshafts.
You can always find used or new selling for less on the forums for the other parts you will need.
I bought the Coilovers used and the radiator with fan and shroud.
Built the chassis myself but would just let CSCFAB build for me if I were to do it again.
By the time I bought a bender and spent the time it would have just been easier to let him do it.
Be smart and spend $$$ where it's needed and not on bling.
Need strong links and joints but don't have to be bling!
I've seen a lot of doner rigs lately on craigslist and have been tempted to do this again.

Well I bought a Nicely Built YJ with all the parts needed for a buggy yesterday. I should have enough money to build the 350 in it and buy a chassis and still come out under $15k. :****:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Speaking from experience I take it since I can't remember you ever being able to keep your **** together. :flipoff1:

Keeping it together racing is much different than just wheelin. Mine didn't have any problems staying together when I was wheelin, but racing was a different story.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Well I bought a Nicely Built YJ with all the parts needed for a buggy yesterday. I should have enough money to build the 350 in it and buy a chassis and still come out under $15k. :****:

Pics, video, something man, can't just post this without proof!!

She is a little rough around the edges but has all the right parts for the $$$.
18" radflo coilovers
350 on pane
TH350 with art car shifter (quick 3 to reverse)
Dana 300 - 4:1 kit and upgraded outputs
LP 60 front with 35 spline inners and outers
14 bolt rear
5:13s
44" Pitbulls on Trail Ready beadlocks
Time to go find the weak link. thumb.gif

299956_10100382763860021_7008660_51618316_999853216_n.jpg