• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rock crawl area near Rimrock?

Been in the works for a while now. Just going thru the steps. If people want it to happen then they better start writting letters and get involved. There is sure to be a movement to keep it from happining.

Naches Rock Crawl

The Naches Ranger District needs letters of support before MARCH 13, 2008! Call Barry Collins @ 509-653-1427, or write letters to: Naches Ranger Station 10237 US Highway 12, Naches, WA. 98937. Pass this around to everyone before time runs out.:awesomework:

Look closely at the map as to the location. Read the spec's as to the size. 1 & 1/2 acres. You will have to trailer your rigs from tradition Rimrock camping areas if you want to play at the rock crawl area. Then if more than a couple of rigs are there you will have to wait your turn.

about what:eeek:

that this would actually happen

Look closely at the map as to the location. Read the spec's as to the size. 1 & 1/2 acres. You will have to trailer your rigs from tradition Rimrock camping areas if you want to play at the rock crawl area. Then if more than a couple of rigs are there you will have to wait your turn.

there ya see, half-ass at best :eeek:
I think there would be a better chance of defining an area between Ellensburg and Vantage, just north of I-90 to be a sorta AZ Rocks of Washington. there are some steep as grades out in that area the climb up from the Columbia river. East of Wenatchee would be a good area too. :cool:

I like the idea :awesomework:

It will take many of the POS vehicles off the local cool trails and have them stuck and broken where they will be out of the way :cool:

You just have to think positive and look at the bright side :cheer:

Actualy I was kind of thinking the same way. It might attract some people from going to the naches/ funnyrocks area and help spread out some of the load. Of course the downside is that more people will be discovering the rimrock area and in a few years will have the trails widened out just like the naches area:booo: double edged sword kind of deal

rimrock has the stupidest trail system around. nothing links together and everything ends on a forest service road. They need to put there money to good use and rethink the trail system so your not required to run a street legal rig on a offroad trail system. The trails are good but not worth the time if you ask me. half the trail are one way so your screwed and are force to leave a trailer or tow rig at the end. thats if it doesnt get vandalized sitting waiting for you. At least I got to know the sheriffs well :mad: I will quit wheeling all together if forced to wheel a street legal rig... BBBooooorring

just my $.02

rimrock has the stupidest trail system around. nothing links together and everything ends on a forest service road. They need to put there money to good use and rethink the trail system so your not required to run a street legal rig on a offroad trail system. The trails are good but not worth the time if you ask me. half the trail are one way so your screwed and are force to leave a trailer or tow rig at the end. thats if it doesnt get vandalized sitting waiting for you. At least I got to know the sheriffs well :mad: I will quit wheeling all together if forced to wheel a street legal rig... BBBooooorring

just my $.02

Thats because the area was created before street legal became an issue. Unfortunatly the way the trails are it would be very difficult to tie them together. Even if there was such an effort going thru the enviromental impact stuff would take years and cost many thousands of dollars:booo: So I guess you buggy guys will have to play elseware or risk the sheriff:eeek:

I wrote a letter and told them it was a step in the right direction, but an acre and a half, that's barely enough room to turn my Dodge around. :rolleyes:

Thats because the area was created before street legal became an issue. Unfortunatly the way the trails are it would be very difficult to tie them together. Even if there was such an effort going thru the enviromental impact stuff would take years and cost many thousands of dollars:booo: So I guess you buggy guys will have to play elseware or risk the sheriff:eeek:

Them buggy only guys got plenty of $$ laying around don't they?.....They wanna be able to use the trails....let em pony up the dough instead of buying the latest and greatest new 4 speed transfer case or coilover suspension for their limited use rig they HAVE TO wheel.... Or stay on the trailer....:gay:

actually talking with the sheriff's the ideas have already been implimented to link the trails together. The "buggy guys" are not the only at fault. the sheriff said 80% of there rigs are not street legal and its a problem. They cant just pull the "buggy guys" over, they have to enforce everything..

The sheriffs up there are way cool, but they have to enforce or let everyone go.

but good productive input there jeepermc :awesomework:

I'm jealous dontcha know.......:cheer: Consider that most wheelers that are licensed for the street aren't street legal as well. For the most part the sheriffs in that area are cool....there is one guy that hassles the trail jamboree, but he also answers questions about why your rig is not legal. A group of us talked with him for an hour or two last year and he answered every question and scenario we could come up with...

FWIW- I haven't ever run into enforcement in the Rimrock area past the lake. The proposed rock crawl area is a good start but that's it... It's way too small and too far away from most of us to be useful. It might be fun to spend an hour or so there just playing but.....